Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwt file will not load in Publish manager

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
caseyscott88
604 Views, 7 Replies

dwt file will not load in Publish manager

I am using AutoCAD LT 2014.  I have started to have trouble loading the page setup from the Publish manager.  I used to be able to click, "import" and select the dwt file I required.  I could then use the imported page setup to publish the sheets I wanted to PDF.  Now, when I try to import, it is not populating the pulldown list with the imported page setup.  Can anybody help with this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: caseyscott88

Walk us, in detail, your exact methodology (include names of buttons you click on, options you select, etc.).

After you OPEN your template, start PLOT command, and confirm those pagesetups are actually there.

Message 3 of 8
caseyscott88
in reply to: pendean

Note: I am working in Model space, and I am printing without a Paper Space Layout

I just opened the dwt template drawing.  Using the Plot command, I can see the page setup is correct, and is the one I am looking for.

Now, I open the dwg file for another drawing I am trying to print.

I click on the Batch Plot button, from the Quick Access Toolbar, to open the Publish manager.

The sheet I have open is shown in the Sheet name list.

The Page Setup drop down menu has 2 options: <Default:None> or Import...

I click on, Import...

I find the dwt file mentioned above, click on the file, and click on Import. 

Now, in theory, there SHOULD be an new option in the drop down menu which would be the Page Setup I want.  However, there are only the 2 options mentioned above.

As I think I mentioned before, I have done this same procedure quite a few times before, and the Page Setup was imported correctly and I was able to publish the sheets without problem.  Just in the last 4 days (since I got back from vacation) this has not been working.

Let me know if you require any further explanation.  I hope this helps, and I hope you can help me get this solved.

Thanks,

Casey

Message 4 of 8
pendean

In MODELSPACE in your template DWT file, start PAGESETUP command: is there a page setup listed for modelspace other than *model*?

PUBLISH rule of thumb:

1. Launch Publish from a Template drawing that is not part of the publish set.
    2. Bring in all the drawings/tabs to be published.
    3. Import the pagesetup desired from the template file.

Message 5 of 8
caseyscott88
in reply to: pendean

There are 2: *Model (11x17 PDF ERECTION DWGS)* and 11x17 PDF ERECTION DWGS when I open the Page Setup Manager in the drawing template.

When I load the sheets from the open dwt file, the Page Setup dropdown still only shows; Default and Import.  It seems like it is only looking for Page Setup from Paper Space and ignoring the Model Space.

Message 6 of 8
Holly_Jones

Do you have the Model tab checked? See attached.

Message 7 of 8
caseyscott88
in reply to: Holly_Jones

My Publish manager looks different than yours, and I'm not seeing that check box

Please see attached screen shot

Message 8 of 8
caseyscott88

Ok, I figured it out.  If I right click, there is a check box for model space or paper space.  It is defaulting to the paper, so if I remove the sheet and reload with the model checked, it is now working.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost