Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dgn to dwg converter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5999 Views, 4 Replies

dgn to dwg converter

Anyone know of a free converter to change microstations dgn files to dwg's or dxf's? A contractor I'm working with says he has one but he on vacation. I'm not really into paying $2-$4K on something that I'm going to rarely use.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD Map/Land Desktop can do the conversion. Do you have a copy of those available? If not, you can always go back to the source of the DGN and ask them to export to DWG 2000. -- Brad Yarger "vsiefert" wrote in message news:11867515.1105715767265.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Anyone know of a free converter to change microstations dgn files to > dwg's? A contractor I'm working with says he has one but he on vacation. > I'm not really into paying $2-$4K on something that I'm going to rarely > use. > > Thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

There is no free anything involving two very pricey software packages. Most 'dgn' converters/applications can easily save to DWG. Your choice is to buy one (start at US$399 I believe), or buy a version of AutoCAD that reads DGN (US$4000 plus). Or if you know a buddy..... . -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Going back to get them exported is an option but with over 40 dwgs I don't think they would want to do that. Unless they can do it all at once.

Not a high priority job yet so I can wait to see what converter the contractor has when he gets back from vacation.

Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Well the free converter works as well as you's expect a free one would. If it does convert it everything is exploded even text and curves. So it looks like I may have to shell out some cash to get it done right.

I've been searching for about an hour and have only found 2. Both over $1000, more then ACAD LT itself. If anyone can recommend one that converts Microstation DGN files to DWG or DXF even for less then $1K hopefully no more then $500.

Still trying to find out if the guys who gave us the files have V8 of microstation and if there is a "batch save as" since there is a large qty of files.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost