AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Dross
Message 1 of 7 (531 Views)

designjet 110plus

531 Views, 6 Replies
02-27-2006 09:33 PM
I am using Autocad LT 2006 and have a HP Designjet 110plus(nr) printer. Upon install (printer) the Autocad drivers will not recognize the LT version of Autocad (wants to reference ACAD.exe not ACLT.exe). The only way I can get anything to print is to copy the file to my desktop first (!?!) and then, while the pre-set paper size setups in the pull down menu look O.K. when previewing the plot, they don't print the layout without cropping off parts of my drawings.
Distinguished Contributor
nickha
Message 2 of 7 (531 Views)

Re: designjet 110plus

02-28-2006 12:56 AM in reply to: Dross
I would try renaming my ACLT.exe file to ACAD.exe and see what it does if the program is so picky it is looking for an exact filename. Anyway I thought AutoCAD just showed a list of whatever printers/plotters were installed on your system? I've never heard of printers looking for programs on install.
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 7 (531 Views)

02-28-2006 04:03 AM in reply to: Dross
Good Morning,

The following is based in LT05

I use the 120nr and have included my setup for you. It may help, I had problems also when I first set up my plotter and am completely terrified to ever change it again since it works. I created my own paper size within the plotter dialog, windows based. I found that using an Expanded A,B,C,D... paper gave the results I was looking for without cropping the plot if you are looking for architectural sizes.

There are also some posts here concerning HP, USB, and Network connections. My plotter runs on a network.

This I would be interested to know because it may be another reason not to upgrade to 06. I am apprehensive after reading questions brought up here, the difference in the program and that there is a 35% increase over the same period as LT05 concerning difficulties with the program.

regards,
cshade
Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 7 (531 Views)

02-28-2006 05:05 AM in reply to: Dross
You don't need "AutoCAD" drivers: simply PLOT to the Windows
System driver like you would from all your other Windows
programs to this device.

Contact HP support for HP device driver help if you still
think you do.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 7 (531 Views)

02-28-2006 05:28 AM in reply to: Dross
Thanks Dean,

I did create a printer in windows and it is what I use. Just one of the many nuances of how CAD works that I just don't get.

regards,
cshade
Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
inquiry
Message 6 of 7 (232 Views)

01-20-2012 11:25 AM in reply to: Dross

How do you print to Windows? How do you set that up?

Thank you very much!

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 7 of 7 (230 Views)

01-20-2012 11:27 AM in reply to: inquiry

If you have a driver already installed in Windows that you can use in other programs, then you can access it in AutoCAD's PLOT command window too if you remembered to turn off HIDE SYSTEM PRINTERS in Options command's Print tab inside AutoCAD.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community