Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

designjet 110plus

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Dross
2209 Views, 6 Replies

designjet 110plus

I am using Autocad LT 2006 and have a HP Designjet 110plus(nr) printer. Upon install (printer) the Autocad drivers will not recognize the LT version of Autocad (wants to reference ACAD.exe not ACLT.exe). The only way I can get anything to print is to copy the file to my desktop first (!?!) and then, while the pre-set paper size setups in the pull down menu look O.K. when previewing the plot, they don't print the layout without cropping off parts of my drawings.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nickha
in reply to: Dross

I would try renaming my ACLT.exe file to ACAD.exe and see what it does if the program is so picky it is looking for an exact filename. Anyway I thought AutoCAD just showed a list of whatever printers/plotters were installed on your system? I've never heard of printers looking for programs on install.
Message 3 of 7
Charles_Shade

Good Morning,

The following is based in LT05

I use the 120nr and have included my setup for you. It may help, I had problems also when I first set up my plotter and am completely terrified to ever change it again since it works. I created my own paper size within the plotter dialog, windows based. I found that using an Expanded A,B,C,D... paper gave the results I was looking for without cropping the plot if you are looking for architectural sizes.

There are also some posts here concerning HP, USB, and Network connections. My plotter runs on a network.

This I would be interested to know because it may be another reason not to upgrade to 06. I am apprehensive after reading questions brought up here, the difference in the program and that there is a 35% increase over the same period as LT05 concerning difficulties with the program.

regards,
cshade
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

You don't need "AutoCAD" drivers: simply PLOT to the Windows
System driver like you would from all your other Windows
programs to this device.

Contact HP support for HP device driver help if you still
think you do.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade

Thanks Dean,

I did create a printer in windows and it is what I use. Just one of the many nuances of how CAD works that I just don't get.

regards,
cshade
Message 6 of 7
inquiry

How do you print to Windows? How do you set that up?

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: inquiry

If you have a driver already installed in Windows that you can use in other programs, then you can access it in AutoCAD's PLOT command window too if you remembered to turn off HIDE SYSTEM PRINTERS in Options command's Print tab inside AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost