Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinates x&y

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1378 Views, 25 Replies

coordinates x&y

Is it possible to get the x & y coordinates from a point in the drawing in
text into the drawing without copy from the text or command window are
wrtiing it down on a piece of paper.
I must get 70 points from a drawing withthe text by the points in the same
drawing.
I hope some one can help me
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It's not a built-in feature. Your idea works best if you are
using ID command.
Explore using DIMORDINATE command twice as an alternate.

Hopefully someone else has other ideas.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 26
jholt

I think we just did this over in the 2002 forum, but here goes anyway:

Insert this macro on a button
*^C^Cid;\-insert;topo-point;@;10;;45;$M=$(rtos,$(index,1,$(getvar,lastpoint)),2,2);$M=$(rtos,$(index,0,$(getvar,lastpoint)),2,2);$M=$(rtos,$(index,2,$(getvar,lastpoint)),2,2);

Put the block attached to this response in the AutoCAD search path (or just insert it into the drawing.)

Start the macro and pick the point. The macro inserts the XYZ of the point into the attributes.

You can then export them if you like.

jeff <
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous

Jeff,

Tried that little macro of yours, what a beauty. However, looking at the screen dump it is not inserting the x,y co-ords and the Z is out, in actual fact it is o. Any ideas why this is the case. I am working in mm in all my drawings, would that have any effect?

Look forward to your comments on this as it will be a good button to provide setting out info. on.

Many thanks,

Andy
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous

Always helps to attache the jpg !! DOH..
Message 6 of 26
jholt

Just from the jpg I can't tell what is going on. The dropped x and y values may be due to your units setting. The macro wil insert the value of the point regardless of units as far as I can tell, though.

Send a jpg of the text screen right after you use the macro. I would like to see what AutoCAD is giving as input.

As for the Z: are you points actually in 3D? You may have to pick endpoints or maybe use the near snap to get the z info. If you are not picking a point with a z dimension then the z will be 0.0.

Let's keep working on this and maybe we will get an answer for you.

jeff <><
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous

Hi Jeff,
Have been off for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your interest. attached is a word doc with the screen dump attached. Any insight would be appreciated.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous

Jeff,
Have attached a second image on the nextpage being the properties of the line, just to confirm that it's z = 0.

Andy
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous

Jeff,

Just thought I would bring this back to the top of the list again incase you missed it 😄

Andy
Message 10 of 26
jholt

I still don't have any idea why this is not working for you. Your graphics keep locking my computer up also.

Keep working on it and get back with any other observations. Also try this in a new drawing and see what happens.

jeff <><
Message 11 of 26
rennied

I think the proble is that when you cut and pasted the macro into LT there will be a space between last and point (see below)

$M=$(rtos,$(index,1,$(getvar,las tpoint)),

Delete the gap between these two words (see below)

$M=$(rtos,$(index,1,$(getvar,lastpoint)),
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous

Do you know what it is, a little space goes a long way (must remember to tell the wife that)

Yep, that worked, spot on, will save a load of time in the old setting out co-ords..

Thanks for you time and interest.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous

Sorry to come in on this one as well but tried your macro and was wondering if there is a way to get the dialogue box to fill out with the coords rather than typing them in.
Message 14 of 26
jholt

The macro should not start the dialog box. It should isert the block and automatically insert the x, y, z coordinates.

Check the syntax in the macro.

jeff <><
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

Sorry i just copied the text not too sure about macros.

Can you explain.
Message 16 of 26
jholt

Use HELP and look up macros. There is a lot to learn, but it is not all that difficult. A macro is just a series of commands linked together with a few symbols that represent things like "enter".

Macros go on buttons or in the menu system.

jeff <><
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous

Hi - Off the subject here but just upgraded to acad lt 2008 joy. When entering x & y coordinate entry the relative (@) key does not function correctly. I have to press it about 5 times + hold it down for a few seconds to get it to work. Its as if Autocad gets confused. This is so anoying and is wasting a lot of my time. Any ideas?
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous

If you turn off the DYN button, does your problem go away?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous

problems with the '@' button - set the TEMPOVERRIDES to 0

had the same problem, but setting the TEMPOVERRIDES to 0 fixed the problem!
Message 20 of 26
eetjeernst25
in reply to: rennied

Dear Dean,

I've got a little bit of trouble using the next macro in combination with the block. By my collegea's it's works really nice except on my system.

When I use the macro on the systems of my collegeas first I insert the block and the edit attribute diaogbox is coming up the screen. After OK end using the icon with the macro you see in the commandline some things come throu.When I do it on my system. I get the edit attribute box everytime I click a point but get no input on de x and y. In the dialogwindow (F2) i've get the message doesn't no the command xxxxx(varaible of the x or Y) see files.

I think it's a variabel because I copied the macro from my collegeas.

Colud you help me?

With regards Eric Ernst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost