Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Toolbar

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Charles_Shade
5999 Views, 11 Replies

Zoom Toolbar

What is this toolbar? View - Navigate 2D is as close as I've come

And where do I find it in the CUI? (Assuming it's there)

Can I add to it?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

NAVBAR is not a CUI component. Same with the Navigation Wheel.

In Full AutoCAD and for those into 3D it seems to be quite useful: for 2D (and worse, in 3D-Hobbled LT) it's just screen clutter IMHO (I could be wrong if someone wants to show me the light).

Message 3 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Actually I'm finding it useful just having it there as it is with the Zoom Flyout and would like to add Save and Close. I can't see any use for the Steering Wheel myself.

Suppose I could just let a Toolbar float around as such. Thanks

Message 4 of 12
Modman_4

That steering wheel takes some getting used to, and at least in full version there's a mini version for once you get used to it. I think it is there because it is a feature of some of the other products, and so is part of that interoperability they are trying to push...

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 5 of 12

I ended up creating a Ribbon Panel and Placing it on each Tab at the left end of the Ribbon.

It will just be an easy way to catch a Save regularly which we should all be doing (what's the emoticon for a wagging finger?).

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 6 of 12
hwalker

They haven't got enough emoticons

On another forum I'm on which has got enough it's :No-no:

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 12
pendean

Are you deliberately avoiding the Quick Access Toolbar that's on all the time and access regardless of what your Ribbon is showing?

Look for Lynn Allen's R2011 tips and tricks on how to get the layer pulldown up there too (I also have many buttons and pulldowns there too).

Message 8 of 12
Charles_Shade

Well yea I was until I realized what it was and turned it on and Added/Deleted buttons to it!

2011 Newb here - Still learning the Ribbon and new features - Got to admit though; I like the Ribbon.

Message 9 of 12
pendean

Lots of cool features with the Ribbon and the CUI: have you discovered the quick way to convert an old toolbar into a Panel for the Ribbon yet?

And move things around: this OOTB layout for commands I hardly use while burying the ones I use all the time is annoying.

Message 10 of 12
Charles_Shade

Right Clicking is Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Wait; you don't suggest that I should not have immediately turned all my Toolbars into Panels on Tabs that I am familiar with and disregard all that hard work the programmers at Autodesk took care of do you?  😉

Message 11 of 12
pendean

right-clicking to discover features in the program is exactly what I mean. For those reading this and wondering...

A quick way to migrate toolbars to be included in the Ribbon, for those afraid of the Ribbon just for that reason alone, do this: Start CUI command, right-click over a Toolbar and turn it into a Panel. Now drag and drop this new Panel on a Ribbon Tab of your choice (existing or make your own personal one).

Message 12 of 12
Modman_4

One thing I have found annoying is that OOTB, when I select Annotation for example, the panel expands downward and to the right. Therefore to get to a command near the upper right of the panel, my natural path is diagonal, which sometimes cuts across the adjacent one, which collapses the one I was using and opens the adjacent one lol. Ack!

I am starting to think of rearranging the panel layout to expand downwards in a strip, and then with flyouts to the right. Sound familiar?

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost