Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and AutoCAD LT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pendean
9729 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 7 and AutoCAD LT

Regardless of your version of LT and version of Windows 7, IMHO the following will fix most issues encountered, including crashes and program freezes (notice I said most, not all):

Windows 7:
- Use Windows 7 Classic/Basic Theme (not AERO or Custom Theme). You miss some of the Aero whizz-bang features, like layout preview and other niceties,  but overall performance seems better for some users.
- Win7's Aero Glass option sometimes turned on by your PC/laptop's manufacturer, turn it off for all your power options.
  note: you can turn Aero visual effects off for individual programs by right-clicking the shortcut, go to properties, then Compatibility Tab...check Disable Visual Themes.

AutoCAD LT (not all features are available in all LT versions):

- Turn off the Layer Palette (it's updating and keeping track of your every layerm constantly if you leave it open).
- Turn off any palette transparency setting.
- Turn off SelectionCycling, SC button at bottom of screen
- Set hpdlgmode to 1  and/ or hpquickpreview to off.
- Change rollovertips to 0 (off)
- Set qpmode to 0 (off)
- Set SHOWLAYERUSAGE to 0 (off).
- Are you using two monitors?  Use monitor 1 as your graphics monitor.
- Update your video card drivers here (if any, otherwise try your PC vendor or video card vendor's websites):
http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

- Turn the ribbon off by picking a classic workspace as a last resort.

Still having issues in Windows 7?

- Find out what's causing Win7 reliability issues (crashes or application hangs) type reliability in the Instant Search bar to open the Reliability Monitor; it will show your system's reliability history over a period of time and what seems to hit your reliability the most.
- See a system diagnostic of your computer in Win7: Either go to Administrative Tools, then to Performance Monitor, and finally to Data Collector Sets to launch the System Diagnostic DCS, or simply open up an administrator command prompt and type perfmon /report.
- Start Windows 7 in Diagnostic Mode. If it works here the cause of the problems may be the display or pointer drivers, another driver, a background process (such as an antivirus application).
- Might the Registry cleaner or other system utility be scheduled to run at some interval?

- Running XP-Compatibility Mode in Win7? Head over to Microsoft's website and find a solution, if any.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: pendean
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I havent been able to figure out how to post something new to the forum so I'll reply to this and hope for the best.  I am trying to figure out if the Autocad v14 I use with XP will work on Windows 7 if I upgrade.  Do you have any information about this?  I havent been able to find any documentation on it at all.

Thanks.

Dave

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

At the top of the AutoCAD LT General Landing page you will see the button NEW MESSAGE button.

That is the place to do so. At the end and top of this thread see click the button Message Listing and get to this page easily.

The AutoCAD Full version Forum can be found at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD/ct-p/8

You will see that the R14 Forums have been archived and are no longer open to posts. Maybe try the 2004/5/6 Forum?

You will be well served to start a new thread with your request but be patient. It may a long time before someone comes along to let you know something in regards to your query.

I would suggest seeing if you can fine someone with Win 7 and try loading up your software. There is no one from Autodesk who can give you advice since AutoCAD R14 is not supported by Autodesk for several years now.

Forum.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost