Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my AutoCAD LT 2012 temporary files being saved??

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KAS29
2678 Views, 3 Replies

Where are my AutoCAD LT 2012 temporary files being saved??

OK! Lets start with what I have done...

I have went to my options to see where the files are being backed up to. The location is somewhere I cant access. Its not showing up. I tried searching it in the explorer and it doesnt show up. I tried making a folder with the same name and it asks me if I want to merge the new folder with the one that already exists. I tried that...then that folder disappears.

So I moved on...

I tried to relocate where the files get saved in the options of AutoCAD LT. I did that almost an hour ago and it is not showing me any backups.

Is there any suggestions as to what I can do? Is it autoCAD related that I can fix/change or is it something the company tech guy needs grant me access. My boss doesnt want to reach out to AutoCAD support so I am on my own.

Thanks!

Kim

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: KAS29

BAK files? They are by default in the same location as the DWG files (did they get changed). plus you need to turn on BAK file creation in OPTIONS first (Open/Save Tab, under File Safety precautions, check the box for backup copy creation).

SV$ 'autosave' files? They are in your Windows Profile's User Temp folder usually. Your Windows log-in 'rights' control access to that folder.  If any file you need is in a folder you cannot access, that's a restriction placed on you by your network administrator: nothing to do with AutoCAD or any other software for that matter. You need to talk with your I.T./CAD Manager/Boss for full access to that folder.

Message 3 of 4
Soyoung.H
in reply to: KAS29

Please check if you can see hidden folders,

folder options.jpg

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Soyoung.H
Message 4 of 4
KAS29
in reply to: Soyoung.H

Thanks so much!! This was the ticket!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost