Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to reinstall 2012 LT on new PC but do not have original installation file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
phoenixacadLT
468 Views, 7 Replies

Want to reinstall 2012 LT on new PC but do not have original installation file

I want to use the license transfer tool to reinstall 2012 LT on a new machine.

However, I don't have the original installation file I used to install it before, and if I try to download a new file, it is the newer 2013 LT install file.

I don't know if the old 2012 LT license will work with a new 2013 install, and I don't want to try it unless I know it will work.

Is there any other way of obtaining the 2012 LT 64-bit install file through AutoDesk again?

Peter Alexander

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: phoenixacadLT

There sure is Peter! I just sent you a Private Message (envelope next to your username once logged into the forums) with a direct download link. For future reference you can request supported previous version media / download links directly here.

I also wanted to let you know that activating the 2013 software with your 2012 licensing credentials would not work.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the inquiry, or reply with additional specifics as needed.

Message 3 of 8

Many thanks, very much appreciated!

Message 4 of 8

I have a similar issue. My company upgraded my computer from XP to Win 7 and it wiped Autocad from my system.

I just downloaded what I think is the right file to re-install, but now not sure if I am doing it correctly.

I have the original media case, with product key and serial number but not the original media.

Will this work?

Message 5 of 8

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

As long as the program you downloaded matches the program that the Serial Number is tied to all you should have to do in enter the Serial Number and Product Code when asked to Register.

Product codes are Google searchable.

Message 6 of 8

I am running into a similar issue. My computer crashed two weeks ago and so my company purchased a new machine that is Windows 7 64 bit. My old machine was a Windows 7 32 bit. I still have the original media, Serial No. and Product key. It installs fine but when I try to Activate it I get the following message, "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)"  I have verified it is correct. I looked around on your site and followed the directions for sending it the xml file by email to 'rtxml-us@activation.autodesk.com' but have not gotten a response still after 2 days. I also submitted a Case 10021777 - Registration & Activation and have recived nothing more than an reply email starting that they created the case but nothing else.  I keep trying to do the  Vurtual Agent to get help but all I get is "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. If you need further assistance, please refer to our problem form" and when I try online to use the "I still need help" It says no one is available.

Message 7 of 8

Read this:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-S...

Note: you are talking to fellow end users around here, we are not AUTODESK!
Message 8 of 8

I was able to find a phone number 866-681-4359 to talk to someone and they had me all up and running in about 5 minutes.

Daniel T. Bartholomew
I&C Tech.
River Road Generating Plant
5201 NW Lower River Road
Vancouver, WA 98660

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost