Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jeff-Fehr
644 Views, 5 Replies

Vendors

I have a vendor who sent me a drawing measured in Millimeters but is actually drawn in standard units. How do convert or scale this to a standard unit of measure?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Jeff-Fehr

You wrote it: SCALE command, among other options.

What's your idea of a "standard unit" exactly? They are all standard units to many people.
Message 3 of 6
Jeff-Fehr
in reply to: pendean

Sorry Standard United States? I guess. I Think my Vendor is Based in
Germany.
Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

That would be Imperial or possibly Architectural units?

And you may not want to Scale the drawing if it is truly 1:1 in Modelspace

Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

Be careful when doing brute force scaling between different unit systems - they aren't always the same.  Some manufacturers produce both metric and imperial versions, with slightly different dimensions e.g. the metric product would have bolt holes on 110 mm spacing while the imperial product has bolt holes on 4.0" spacing.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Inches or feet? Architect use inches, engineers can use inches or feet, or mile, or... you get the idea.

So, you open their drawing, measure something you know should be X and it is Y: what is X and what is Y? Remember, we can't see you, your drawing, or what you are doing.

Also, do you want to just be in their drawing to use and waste time converting it? or do you want to INSERT it as a block? Or can you INSERT it into a working template file of yours and use? Or do you want to reference it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost