AutoCAD LT General Discussion

mccaigwatson
Message 1 of 2 (5,986 Views)

Units of radius of gyration

5986 Views, 1 Replies
10-14-2005 03:48 AM
I am trying to find out what units are used for radius of gyration in the "Mass Properties" output. No units are displayed. I assume it is just "units" (i.e. millimetres), but I cannot be sure. Does anyone know how to confirm this? Why does AutoCAD not display units for this, even if it was only to say "Units" or "Units squared"?
Distinguished Contributor
boyette
Message 2 of 2 (5,986 Views)

Re: Units of radius of gyration

10-14-2005 06:22 AM in reply to: mccaigwatson
The units for radius of gyration are length (that is millimeters or inches or feet). It is the square root of the moment of inertia I divided by the area A, (I/A)^0.5. I is length^4, A is length^2, (I/A)^0.5 being simply length.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community