Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save to drawing name

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
katie1994
461 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to save to drawing name

Am using Autocad LT 2013 on Windows platform using FusionWare on a Mac Pro. This is a company owned computer and all files are saved to a server. This problem began occuring after we returned to work on Jan 2. I will be working in  drawing and save regularly. Additionally autosave is set for 5 minute intervals.

Several times a day I get a message saying

"Unable to save drawing\\server\filename.dwg. Drawing saved to \\server\filename\savF676.tmp."

When I check the folder where the drawing is supposed to be there is a "filename.dwl" and the "sav676.tmp." files but the original .dwg doesn't show up in the list. 

If I save as the file to my desktop it is fine, but I then have to move it back to the server per company policy. This is extremely tedious to say the least. This happens several times a day so far.

The IT guy has twice reset the permissions for the Directory so the files are not Read Only (although when I check the main client folder and sub folders from my computer the Read Only option is checked and I cannot change this).

Another Autocad user in the office, LT 2013, says this has happened to him but only occasisonally.

Also, several times I have noticed an alert pop-up that says something about "Unable to map network drive G:\\" but clicking on the notice just expands the message with no suggeston for solution. G Drive isthe primary server in our office. The only PC computers in our office are used for Autocad, the rest are all Apple products and the IT tech is a Mac guy.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: katie1994

But your system is an Apple product?

If the PC users are not having an issue with LT for Windows running on PC based systems and you are having issue with LT for Windows running on an Apple system then the problem likely is with the Fusionware and LT for Windows.

The Mac Forum is likely the beast place for answers:

Mac Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Message 3 of 5
katie1994
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes, my system is a Mac Pro. I suspect the IT guy is not that familiar with Window problems. I have posted this on the Mac Forums too. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

Also try here if you are not having any luck with the Mac Forum:

CAD Managers

You may want to link back to your relative threads as well.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Your need Read, Rename of file extension, Write and Delete rights to all folders AutoCAD has access to, including drawing files: ideally, Windows local Admin or better. Contact someone in your I.T. who has access to your server to set these for you. You're Windows and/or MAC log-in to the server (or PC) appears to be quite limited: your issue is outside of AutoCAD.

FYI: AutoCAD creates a TMP file, renames the old DWG to a BAK file (or deletes it if you turned BAK file creation off), and renames TMP to DWG as part of the SAVE process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost