Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
fmrw271
478 Views, 7 Replies

Turning off

Is there a way to turn off blocks in an xref?

Example.

I would like to xref a lighting plan, however the "Exit Sign" blocks are to large and cover up the sprinklers, tees, and piping in my fire protection plan. Additionally the “Exit Sign” blocks have been inserted on the same layer as the "lighting" blocks which are very important in laying out sprinkler heads so I don’t place a sprinkler in a light.

I know of ways to fix this problem by editing the electrical drawing but it might cause more problems for the electrical draftsman.

Does anyone know of a way to turn off these blocks?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: fmrw271

Put them on an independent layer in the xref and then turn that layer off in
the new dwg.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

... and you can use QSELECT or FILTER command to quickly
select them all, to make the layer change quicker.

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 4 of 8
mpecen

I'm having the same issue, and the suggestions is not working for me. The blocks in question are dynamic. How do I turn them off?

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mpecen

Freeze the layer they are on in the XREF.

if they are not in an XREF and you have a current version of LT, try the same method or for a temporary solution try HIDEOBJECTS command (UNISOLATEOBJECTS command to bring them back).

Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Could be Layer 0 needs to be off as well if these were created on that Layer.

Message 7 of 8
drjohn
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

Could be Layer 0 needs to be off as well if these were created on that Layer.

Only if the blocks were inserted on layer 0 (zero).  If the blocks were created on 0 but inserted on another layer (eg: Electrical) and the dynamic blocks have multiple layers on them then you need to FREEZE the Electrical layer rather than just turning it off. The FREEZE option will also stop the subsequent layers involved in the block from displaying.

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

Could be.

Thought that using those two words would be an additional thought for the OP not the only answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost