Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueView

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marchitect_nc
290 Views, 4 Replies

TrueView

I posted this at the TrueView forum but its not getting any action so here goes: I downloaded True View. Installed it...but how does one use it? There are no icons to double-click. I restarted LT 2009 and there are no new tabs to select from. I tried to open a drawing created with a newer version and still get the error message saying it was created by a newer version, download True View to view it. Well... I did... but still cannot "see" it. Whats wrong? Acad LT 2009 Win XP I forgot to mention that the installer doesn't work either.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
drjohn
in reply to: marchitect_nc

True view is a standalone viewer and has nothing to do with AutoCAD other than it allows you to view ACAD DWG files without ACAD and also will convert drawings to a different version.

I am a bit confusd with the last ssentence, though.  If the installer does not work then Trueview is not installed so "... there's yer problem..."

After a successful install you should have a desktop icon that will open Trueview and allow you to browse to a DWG file you want to see. After you open it it should also have options for converting. If you don't get the desktop icon look thru the START > AUTODESK .... etc (don't know the full path) to get to the Trueview selection.

There won't be any launchers inside AutoCAD.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 5
marchitect_nc
in reply to: drjohn

Thanks for the reply. It was strange, The Akami installer goes through all the hoops and says it was installed successfully then nothing. No True View, nothing. I have no clue why it will not install. Oh well, another Control Panel>Add Remove Program>Delete Akami Installer?? Thanks though. m
Message 4 of 5

There were a couple of responses on my original post on the other forum. So I'll download the whole thing again and try once more... My apologies for the cross-post Dean. m
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: marchitect_nc

You can bypass the Akami downloader: there are direct links posted in the DTV forum, try a search.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost