Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent solid hatch plotting with vertical lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mick_mcg
5485 Views, 5 Replies

Transparent solid hatch plotting with vertical lines

Hi, When I plot a drawing with a transparent solid hatch within this drawing, it plots with horizontal lines across the hatch pattern as shown on attached file.  I know there is a work round by using a gradient hatch with the two colours set as the same, but is there any fix to stop this happening with a solid hatch pattern?  (using a solid gradient transparent hatch has caused another issue as it seems to have problems pdf'ing with dwg to pdf.pc3, as mentioned on another post)  This problem with the Transparent solid hatch happens when plotting to any plotter or PDF device and also with our pen settings set and no pen settings.  Problem happens in LT2012 & LT2014.

Thanks in advance!

Mick

Windows 7 Enterprise

14gb Ram

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
anders_epost
in reply to: mick_mcg

Cheers!
It is probably caused by the plotter, and not autocad itself.
Try plotting at higher quality. There is an option for plot quality in the autocad plot window.

At the default 'normal' setting my plotter allso leaves those lines, but not at 'maximum'.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6

Agree with the DPI for the PDF. You will need to drill down into the PC3 file for DWG to PDF.pc3 to up the DPI.

PLOTTERMANAGER, DWG to PDF.pc3, (double click), Device and Document tab, Custom Properties, Custom Properties...

Message 4 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: Charles_Shade

any resolution to this? i am having the same issues here.

in the plot manager:

- if plot transparancy is checked the solids are fine, but the print is lighter.

- if plot transparancy is unchecked, the solids are streaky but it prints at a normal weight.

P.S. 

WRA_PDF is the name of the page setup that was used.....

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: mick_mcg
Message 6 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: pendean

Ya, i saw alot of issues dating back quite a few years.... don't have Photoshop, but they do appear in Adobe reader and the other reader we use called PDF-XChange.

Thanks for the quick reply. ill check out the links you provided, not alot of hope though 🙂

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost