Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total the Length of Multiple Lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
droeyourhero
48034 Views, 4 Replies

Total the Length of Multiple Lines

I have a large group of lines that I want to get a total length of. Right now the only way that I know how to do this is to highlight them all and use the list command but then I have to go through the text box and write down each line length and then add them up. This is fine if I have only a few lines but when you get into the hundreds or thousands it becomes a monster task.

I tried copying the text box data into a Word document, removing all of the text except for the line lengths and then dumping that into Excel to calculate. This works ok for a hand full of lines but is not really practical.

I know that there are LSP routines that can do this in the full version of AutoCad but LSP is not supported in AutoCad LT.

Is there a way to automate this process in LT?

Or maybe extracting just the length data from a line to a text file where I can send it to Excel and use Excel to add up the lengths?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: droeyourhero

Funny enough, your not the first to ask (and sadly there are no new options):
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&location=forum-...
Message 3 of 5
droeyourhero
in reply to: pendean

Wow, thanks for the link. Probably not the holy grail of AutoCad LT problems but it should be for my sake, lol. I guess it's time for me to learn how to start writing macros.

Thanks agan.

Message 4 of 5
yvonne.musso

AutoCAD Civil 3D, the menu tab "Inquiry" the option: continuous distance and add distances is one way that can help with adding multiple lines and polylines
Message 5 of 5
vavaabhi

Hi ,

there is a option for the take hundreds or thousands lines 

just download the BOMLengths.lsp from google 

on coomand line type LSP and load the lisp(bomlengths) and close

next type on command line BOM enter All

then you can take the total length

if your not able to download sent me  a mail to abhilashvava@gmail.com

i will forward to you

Have A Nice Day

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost