Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text style changed when copied from word

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mradovic123
2739 Views, 2 Replies

Text style changed when copied from word

Hi,

I'm using Autocad 2013 and have problems when I want to copy some text from Word file. I'm doing that because translating text, which is translated already in Word. I.e., I have a text written in English in Autocad and now I have to select it all, and paste text copied from Word. It changes color (now it's "by Block"), but I change it back to "by Layer; and changes it's style even if in Word it is the same style as in Autocad (it is Arial in Word and in Autocad, but when I paste copied text it is in Times New Roman. 

Is there anything to set up not to change this text, because I have a lot of copy/pasteing to do and would save me a lot of time?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: mradovic123

Welcome to the Forums

There is a command in the EDIT menu called PASTE SPECIAL.

Choose that.

The bottom selection should read TEXT, choose that, and your text will be by layer.

As to the font changing. You need to set the font style beforehand. If you have a default style set up you should be good to go, otherwise set one up.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
scot-65
in reply to: mradovic123

To go about this is by doing one of the following:
Copy from that worm program, paste into Notepad, add a space to the front or back (or carriage-return), [Ctrl]+A to select all, [Ctrl]+C to copy (or [Ctrl]+X). Then paste into AutoCAD.
The other method I use is to paste into MTEXT or a table cell and adjust the format from there.
If you can save as that DOC file to a TXT file, all the much better as all the formatting will be gone (I think). Then copy-clip away...
???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost