Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text command justify left is not an option

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BWYarger
2147 Views, 5 Replies

Text command justify left is not an option

When using the text command, left justification is the default; however, when specifying the justification, left is not on the list of options, nor does entering "left, or "L" work.  Help says, "To left-align text, do not enter an option at the Justify prompt."  Just hitting return after entering the justification option yields, "Invalid option keyword."

See below:

Command: text
Current text style:  "Standard"  Text height:  1.0000  Annotative:  No
Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]: j

Enter an option [Align/Fit/Center/Middle/Right/TL/TC/TR/ML/MC/MR/BL/BC/BR]:
Invalid option keyword.
Enter an option [Align/Fit/Center/Middle/Right/TL/TC/TR/ML/MC/MR/BL/BC/BR]: left
Invalid option keyword.
Enter an option [Align/Fit/Center/Middle/Right/TL/TC/TR/ML/MC/MR/BL/BC/BR]: L
Invalid option keyword.
Enter an option [Align/Fit/Center/Middle/Right/TL/TC/TR/ML/MC/MR/BL/BC/BR]:
*Cancel*

Bottom left is not the same as left.  Is there a way to specify left after getting into the justification option?  I am working with a script where the justification is an option, but I need to be able to have left as an option, not bottom left.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: BWYarger

TL = TOP LEFT Justification

TC = TOP CENTRE Justification

TR = TOP RIGHT Justification

ML = MIDDLE LEFT Justification

MC = MIDDLE CENTRE Justification

MR = MIDDLE RIGHT Justification

BL = BOTTOM LEFT Justification

BC = BOTTOM CENTRE Justification

BR = BOTTOM RIGHT Justification

And the one you want to use is TL for TOP LEFT

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
BWYarger
in reply to: hwalker

The insertion point for "top left" is also different than "left."  Top left will do with other situations, and it is one of the options, but not in this case.  I am specifying the x and y coordinates of text where I want the option to align various height text along a bottom, middle and top axis.  The bottom of various height text would not align the text correctly since it varies base on the height of the decenders.  As long as I don't specify justification for the text, the left setting works great. 

I have another work around that I can use, but it seems sort of silly to leave off the default from the list of justification options.  AutoCAD still has the left option in the list of justify options in the properties pallete for text.  I checked out chprop, but alignment is not one of the items listed.  The work around is to specify a style rather than a justify option.  It is redundant since I just did it above in the script, but it is neutral in effect leaving the left justification alone.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 4 of 6
pendean

>>>... Help says, "To left-align text, do not enter an option at the Justify prompt." ...<<<

That also means you should not go into the JUSTIFY sub-option in the first place, you need to skip it altogether. That's always been the default function in AutoCAD.

You went one step too far in your quest for L justification.

Message 5 of 6
BWYarger
in reply to: pendean

AutoCAD 2014 and LT 2014 now have the justify left as an option, and the default is now whatever was previously used. 

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

I like an update to a two year old post when something new is capable.

Bully!

(okay 15+ months but the '11 is there) Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost