Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Boxes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dcarrfullline
461 Views, 5 Replies

Text Boxes

How do you insert a text box that will not change sizes, but will change the text size to fit that box?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: dcarrfullline

Can you elaborate with an example of what it is you are trying to accomplish as an end result? On the surface, with your current description, the answer may well be No.

Message 3 of 6
dcarrfullline
in reply to: pendean

I remember from school where we set the limit of our text box (such as in a title block), then as we typed in that box the text would decrease in size as necessary to make all text fit into that box.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I believe (could be wrong, someone will correct me soon) you are describing TEXTFIT Express Tools command, not an option in LT: did school teach LT, of full AutoCAD?

Message 5 of 6
Kate_LT

The FIT justification for single-line text adjusts the width factor (but not the height) to accommodate different numbers of characters. I'm not sure if that would meet your needs, but it's an option.

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Kate_LT

Note that FIT is not an option for Annotative Text (or if it is, I've not figured it out yet).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost