Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription question

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Irish2
344 Views, 8 Replies

Subscription question

If I buy the revit LT suite upgrade to my 2011 LT from, say Amazon, can I purchase a subscription for it straight from autodesk? Tried finding info on autodesk site- very frustrating. Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Irish2

I'm in the middle of the same thing myself and have been directed to a reseller.

In your case with the older LT 2011 the subscription and cost would represent both an upgrade to LT and the new seat of Revit LT.

Though this seems a pretty sweet deal for all three thru Autodesk: Revit LT Suite with Sub.

A caveat that I was given is that you do not truly "own" both softwares. They are intended to be used one at a time and not an LT seat for one user and the Revit seat for a second user.

(That is a bit of a circle they send you on for the subscription isn't it.)

Message 3 of 9
Irish2
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes, that's the way autodesk has been doing things for a while- you are buying the rights to use the programs and not the programs themselves. So in this case they have to be loaded on the same machine, etc., etc.

I was given a little bit better price than what your link showed because it is partially an upgrade for the LT. I tried the Revit LT and was not impressed at all. But its like with any tool the question is "can it get the job done"? Yes, of course it can. I did initially rule it out though because of my being underwhelmed by both the hype and the program itself BUT then I find the upgrade Revit LT suite price on amazon, without subscription, for $750. Since the upgrade for my Acad LT would be $595 thought I would just pick 'em both up! That's when I also thought I would ask about getting a subscription independently of the Suite. 

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

That is about what I have been quoted from the reseller for the suite and keeping my subscription intact for both.

Message 5 of 9
Irish2

The 750? If so what reseller?

Message 6 of 9
Irish2

Charles,

This whole thing brings up a question I've been meaning to ask you anyway. I have looked at your website and seen some of your work. Very nice stuff! I've been meaning to ask why you haven't transitioned to a 3D product yet; Revit, ACA, etc.? Just curious because we seem to do a lot of the same type of work and am interested in your perspective.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

If my may point out something: once you buy an Autodesk bundle, you can only ever upgrade the entire bundle. You cannot decide later on you only want to upgrade LT or RLT later because you use one more than the other.

Also, REVIT never could and still does not save down to a lower format: if you get jobs that demand REVIT you will need to be current with the entire team.
Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade

LT has done what I needed for years and there has been no reason to move to 3D.

Recently though a major builder client of mine asked about using 3D and smart plans. His question prompted what I think is my need to transition to such a format. I do think that I am behind the times and am looking at Revit LT because of the price point. Also this would seperate me form others in the area who offer the services I do.

Would ACA be better? Not sure, but I do think that Revit type products is where we are going.

I am not inclined to move to Chief Architect or Softplan since Autdesk is where I have staked my claim so to speak.

And there is such an engaging and helpful community here. (What I saw for the Forum at Chief Architect was paltry.)

I've spoken with some suppliers in the area and they are seeing very little in terms of plan generated takeoffs so I do not think that BIM has become pervasive in our area. There is a group of remodelers that I meet with regularly and our next discussion will concern 3D and BIM.

I'll try to remember to let you know what I learned from that.

Revit is different.

Message 9 of 9
Irish2
in reply to: pendean

That is an excellent reminder Dean of a fact that is too easily overlooked. Once a bundle always a bundle.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost