Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance AutoCAD LT

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
roberthend
758 Views, 13 Replies

Slow performance AutoCAD LT

Hi all,

I'm having some perfomance issue's with AutoCAD LT 2014, and i cant seem to fix them.

I have tried two systems with the following spec's:

System 1

Processor: Xeon

Videocard: Nvidea quadro 4000

Disk: 7200RPM 1TB

System 2

Processor: I7

Videocard: Onboard Intel HD .... ?

Disk: 72000RPM 1TB

Both systems dont give the perfomance i need, and to be honest they both have the same performance.

I have tried the following:

- Disable AV software

- Reinstall AutoCAD

- This 'fix' : http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Perf...

- Reinstalling drivers (the one provided by AutoDesk)

Nothing seems to work, the drawings zoom very slowly and selecting pieces of the drawing takes like a minute or two.

Please help,

Robert

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: roberthend

As a test, only a test, if you unplug from your network nd internet, does the slowness problem go away?
If no change, what if you change LT2014's hardware acceleration settings? You know, "change": if it's on turn it off, if it's off turn it on.
Message 3 of 14
roberthend
in reply to: pendean

Nope, doesnt make any diffrence.

I already toggled the hardware acceleration settings a couple of times without any improvement of perfromance.

Message 4 of 14
pendean

I can't replicate it here: sorry.

By chance have you set save to a lower format? If yes, you left "save fidelity" turned on?
What buttons do you have on at the bottom left of the program window? What if you turned them all off?
Message 5 of 14
dgorsman

The hardware is only part of the equation (I noticed you didn't provide how much RAM on either system).  What about the data (drawing content):

- File size?

- Do you have PDF or image underlays?

- Lots of annotative text and blocks with annotation scale bloat and/or visual fidelity?

- DGN linetype bloat?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 14
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Just for testing :

Can you rename AecCore.crx to AecCore.xxx

and relaunch ACAD LT 2014 and test ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
roberthend
in reply to: braudpat

dgorsman, we recieve the drawings from customers and they work well there, no performance isssue's.

braudpat, i just did that but again no improvement in performance.

Both computers contain 8 GB of RAM.

Message 8 of 14
braudpat

Hello

Have you installed the SP 1 for ACAD LT 2014 ?

1) Open in RECOVER Mode each DWG (First the XREF DWGs and in last each MAIN DWG)

2) PURGE + PURGE + ...

3) Go back to the Model Tab

4) CANNOSCALE = 1:1

5) SCALELISTEDIT and erase ALL Scales (in fact as many as possible) keeping the "1:1"

6) XREF (or XR) and erase all unfound/unnecessary XREF DWG, XREF Images, XREF PDFs, etc ...

7) RESave the DWG

Waiting ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
roberthend
in reply to: braudpat

Yes SP1 is installed, also i did the 'cleanup' on the DWG files without performance improvement.

Should the Intel HD Graphics 4600 onboard videocard be able to handle autocad ?

Message 10 of 14
pendean

You wrote:
"we recieve the drawings from customers and they work well there, no performance isssue's"

The problem isn't your hardware then: the program is either slow in ALL files or youo have certain files with certain features in them that slow the program down.
Reread response #5 above, and if you don't understand what is being asked then, well, ask don't just ignore it http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT-General/Slow-performance-AutoCAD-LT/m-p/5134558#M121882
Message 11 of 14
roberthend

By that reply i meant that they have no performance issue's (The company that sends us the drawings). 

All drawings are slow at both machines, so i dont think the problem is a 'bad' DWG file, but an hardware / software problem.

Message 12 of 14
pendean

OK, understood. Sadly there is nothing new in 2014 for graphics, so I doubt the one PC having an onboard graphics card is crippling the other PC with an NVidia Quadro card and all of your files.

Where do you both store your files? How do you two access that location? what sort of network do you have?
Message 13 of 14
roberthend

Thanks for your answers, the situation is that i swapped the first system (nivdea quadro system) with the second system (onboard graphic's system).

So only the system with the onboard graphics card is running, they dont work together / along.

All files are stored on the HDD of the PC, so i think network information is inrellevant because it isnt used. However its a 100Mb link.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost