Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow on Copy / Paste

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
djboer
26261 Views, 18 Replies

Slow on Copy / Paste

Hi,

One of our AC08LT workstations is very slow on Copy / Paste command... Not bound to one dwg... Happens with any dwg. Any suggestions?

Regards,

djboer

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: djboer

Copying to the clipboard is a Windows function: try restarting the PC.

Message 3 of 19
djboer
in reply to: pendean

Restarted without any effect.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 19
cadee

It would seem to me the old age problem of " scalelistedit ". These are Autocad annotative scales which are automatically generated from Autocad 2008 on.

Type SCALELISTEDIT and delete any scales that you dont use, I usually just have scales 1:1 and create new scales when I need them.

If the scalelistedit dialouge doesn't come up then try typing -SCALELISTEDIT and then R (for reset) this creates a shorter list which now the dialogue box can show and then delete unwanted scales.

If if works now look for scalelistedit utility program on the discussion forums.

These scales are generated on all your drawing files (drawings, blocks, xrefs, etc) and you may need to delete all your scales in all files otherwise they are re-inserted when you insert a block or xref files in.

Hope it helps

Message 5 of 19
robert.rien
in reply to: cadee

Type -Purge at the Command Prompt, type R for Regapps, * for all, and No you do not want to confirm.
Message 6 of 19
scott-ddg
in reply to: robert.rien

I've tried all these solution and I'm still having this issue. My current drawing is completely locked up and it is a very basic line drawing of a residential lot, no floor plan. I have this issue on other dwgs but I've been able to purge, reset filters, remove XREFs and it works. Never had this issue before until my upgrade to ACADLT17.

Any help is appropriated I'm growing tired of this issue and it is slowing down my drawing time and losing me $$$.

Message 7 of 19
pendean
in reply to: scott-ddg

So is the problem with this one single files? Share your DWG file here, let's all have a look at it to see if we can replicate the problems.

If it has an XREFs they might actually be the problem: do yourself a favor and fix them all up too, start by using RECOVERALL command to open the topmost file.
Message 8 of 19
scott-ddg

Thank you for the answer.

There are no XREFs in this drawing. Its very small and uncomplicated. I had already done a purge, recover, deleted as much info as possible, deleted layer filters and basically reset everything. Not seeing a solution I went old school and copied everything into a drawing file that wasn't having the issue. I had to wait about 10 minutes for each copy command to get the model and paper space line work moved. This seems to have worked for now.

I'm continuously having this issue with a lot of drawing files. This was the worst so far and on my smallest file.

Message 9 of 19
pendean
in reply to: scott-ddg

Show us this DWG file with this major problem: we all have LT2017 and Windows 7/8/10 so if it's not the file then we know it's your system and we can approach possible fixes for that instead.
Message 10 of 19
hayward260460

I had the exact same problem even when starting a new drawing but realised i was using our company standard template border which seemed to create the problem.

This company template worked fine when using Acad 2016 but seems to have an issue when i imported it into autocad 2017.

However when I used the standard autocad border as a test the time lag disappeared and it worked fine. I then deleted the ACad standard border & copy & pasted my old border over the top and it still worked fine.

Im not sure what caused the issue in the first place but this solution worked for me . New template -no issues!

Message 11 of 19
timQSZVM

When I copy, paste in new location then hit esc or enter my drawing freezes for about 20 seconds or more. any Fix to this?

Message 12 of 19
pendean
in reply to: timQSZVM

Is the problem exactly as the post right above yours notes https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/slow-on-copy-paste/m-p/6575383#M144091

Or something else? ME TOO posts don't help others trying to help you if you don't tell us you've already read and tried everything posted in the thread already.
Message 13 of 19
pendean
Message 14 of 19
timQSZVM

Yes, this fix seems to have corrected the problem. Thanks. Good solution,
very helpful. That was what was happening, hanging up after pasting.
Message 15 of 19
hayward260460

I had this and this solution fixes it everytime.

* Type "layer"

* It should come up with a prompt box, chose "delete all layer filters"

* Close property box that appears

* Most importantly , save drawing straight away

* Problem should be solved
Message 16 of 19
colin.barilleaux

This is the easiest and most effective solution I've used:

Type Command > "wblock"

AutoCAD Tip - WBLOCK Command.PNG

Under Source > Select "Entire Drawing"

Under Destination > Select the path you would like to "Save" to (usually the same location) or (move to a different location like DESKTOP, then move to the folder need to overwrite the drawing that has slow copy/paste issues once that drawing is closed)

Click > "OK"

Go to the "Destination" (path) you provided for the drawing to be saved in

Open the drawing and Copy/Paste functions should be working properly!

This has fixed the issue for me EVERYTIME!!!!

Message 17 of 19

Wanted to ask clarification from @colin.barilleaux  : are you saying once this is done, open the .DWG you were working in already, or open the new .DWG you just made (on your screenshot titled "wblock.dwg")?

Message 18 of 19
morganism3
in reply to: hayward260460

Clarification needed from @hayward260460  : Is there a step you're leaving out? When I type LAYER I just get a menu of all my current layers, and I don't see this "delete all layer filters" option you speak of.

Message 19 of 19

Open the new .dwg you created.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost