Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent AutoCAD LT Repair

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bblubaum
475 Views, 2 Replies

Silent AutoCAD LT Repair

I am dealing with an issue in my company where DWG TrueView has been installed prior to an AutoCAD installation.  When TrueView is uninstalled the file associations do not default to AutoCAD.  When a .dwg file is opened it simply flags an error as the system is looking for TrueView.  In the registry there does not show to be any program occupying the *.dwg extention.  I have written a batch file to silently remove TrueView but would like to add a silent repair of AutoCAD LT to this as this redefines the associations so AutoCAD will open these files.  I would then deply this through BigFix to the affected clients.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you ahead of time for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: bblubaum

Usually starting AutoCAD/LT is enough to reassociate the DWG file type with AutoCAD as long as Windows Explorer is using the ACLAUCHER.EXE app and it was not manually changed to anything else.
Message 3 of 3
bblubaum
in reply to: pendean

Thank you very much for this information.  This will hopefully be a very easy fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost