Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Audting Autodesk Products

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
shaneyb
664 Views, 3 Replies

Self Audting Autodesk Products

HI Everyone,

We currently self audit forr desktop licensing as we are often a target for external auditors and we like to be as compliant as possible. We use SCCM to collect as much information as possible from our workstations, recently we have noticed that the Serial numbers located in the registry for AutoCad 2013 and AutoCad LT2013 have been incorectly stored as 000-00000000 despite the serial number showing correctly within the application.

If the application can retrieve the correct serial number despite it being incorrect in the registry it must be stored somewhere. Does anyone know where this information might be now?

Cheers

Shane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: shaneyb

Are these network licenses? Or are they on individual machines?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: shaneyb

To explain, if your clients are network licensed, then the serial number is irrelevant because it exists on your Network License Server.  The client simply accesses available licenses and returns them upon close. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
shaneyb
in reply to: TravisNave

Thankyou both for your responses and sorry it’s taken me a couple of days to get back to you. We have a combination of network and standalone licenses. The majority of our reporting centres on these per seat standalone licenses. We very much hope to migrate to 100% server based concurrent licenses however we are battling with some internal politics which is making this process difficult. Until then I need to ensure compliance with Autodesk licensing. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost