Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remvoe the none plot style table selection

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mick_mcg
618 Views, 8 Replies

Remvoe the none plot style table selection

I'm guessing the answer is no, but is it possible to remove the 'None' option under the select plot style table in the plot dialog box?

Windows 7 Enterprise

14gb Ram

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: mick_mcg

Your guess is correct.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 9
pendean

Why do you ask? Often that offers everyone here an idea on how to help you. Tell us also how long you've used AutoCAD/LT so the answer is better tailored for you.
Message 4 of 9
mick_mcg
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Reason for asking is we have certain users within the office who refuse to adhere to our pen settings and after locking them down so they can only select either the office standards or none they now select none.  I want to remove the none setting so they must select the company standards.  The template page set ups are set up to automatically select the office standard pen settings.

I have used AutoCAD for the last 16 years accross full AutoCAD and LT and in the last 6 years Civil 3D and now Revit.

Thanks

Mick

Windows 7 Enterprise

14gb Ram

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

mick_mcg wrote:
....Reason for asking is we have certain users within the office who refuse to adhere to our pen settings and after locking them down so they can only select either the office standards or none they now select none

This is where I like to point out one of my favorite CAD quotes....

"Don't let a management problem become a technology problem"

-Mark Kiker

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 9
pendean

Talk to your Bosses about your errant users: they apparently don't care and done respect you to boot.
You can't "code" this one, time for disxcplinary action: a good CAD/IT manager knows this reality.
Message 7 of 9
mick_mcg
in reply to: pendean

I agree Dean it needs to come down to that!  We have a meeting in the next couple of weeks and that will be how it is taken forward "do it our way or no way".

Thanks for your assistance and advice!

Windows 7 Enterprise

14gb Ram

NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 8 of 9
dgorsman

Since somebody will inevitably ask "Why?", a little bit of background.  Consider that it is possible no plot style (CTB/STB) files could be found.  At that point, there must be *something* that can be chosen so "None" is hard-coded as a default.  They could provide some if/then checking to remove the None option if plot style files are available (and that might make for a good option-controlled Wish list item).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 9 of 9
ScottHodges

Even if you move it, or delete it, the NONE plotstyle will reappear, or generate an error message. I understand your problem, been there. Needs to be some accountability for those guys not following the standard and screwing it up for everyone else. Hopefully you have used sensibly named plotstyles and explained to the offenders how much easier it is to use them. But I guess some guys are just beligerant: hate working with those guys. Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost