Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling AutoCad LT 2009

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1093 Views, 9 Replies

Reinstalling AutoCad LT 2009

I am trying to get AutoCadLT 2009 reinstalled on the computer I had it on originally. This PC crashed and burned before I could deactivate. It was wiped clean by the service technician. Instead of reloading it back on the same machine, I took the single seat and got it installed on a laptop. That worked fine until two weeks ago when the laptop was knocked off my desk, the screen broken and some hard drive stuff messed up. I would now like to activate my license on the old PC which is in good enough working order for just this program. Because Autodesk does not support anything online earlier than 2010, I was sent here to get help. Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Install and reauthorize LT2009: hapoens every day, if you've done it one too many times the software will tell you to call and usually provides a phone number or link.

Unless there is more tothe storyt than that... .
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I get this message when I enter the product serial number: "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1)

There is nothing else offered but the link to virtual agent.

Sent from my iPad
Message 4 of 10
pendean

The error message means you put in the wrong number: missed one, typo, or from the wrong box/email/receipt altogether most likely.
There are no external forces at play, uninstalling LT2009 from another PC would have done nothing to fix this problem.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I checked and rechecked the number, on both the official sleeve that AutoCad put on it, and on my receipt with other customer numbers. The number worked at one time. Is there some other number that I should try?

Sent from my iPad
Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade

I'll offer you some solice from personal experience: I too had issues with previous Serial Numbers from older products. Autodesk is better now than they were several years ago in keeping up with S/N's.

Have you followed the Virtual Agent path?

Also if that does not work I would seek out a member here named philip.s

He is an Autodesker that often helps in these situations.

Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

Invalid serial numbers are typically due to the following reason(s):

1.  Your product is under active Subscription and has expired the 2009 lease

2.  Your product was upgraded under Subscription but has expired

3.  Your product was manually upgraded or cross-graded to another product

Even under active Subscription, the 2009 product lease has expired.  This means even if you currently have a 2014 LT Subscription, you will need to apply for a previous use serial number key, which most likely will allow you to use the product for 13 months. 

If you were ever under Subscription and this auto-upgraded but you never activated a newer version, then you are legally able to run the last registered version.  In that case, you will still need to get an authorized activation from Autodesk or your Reseller.  Or as Charles has recommended, Philip will be of great assistance.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Where can i donload this AutoCad 2009 LT?
i miss my installation CD?

please let me know.

Message 9 of 10
pendean

There is no public available download for LT2009, if you are lucky someone here might be able to share so plese wait (no guarantees though): did you lose your US$1000 Product CD?
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

thanks for your information , i miss my cd installation.
i will wainting ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost