Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFA viewer?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
madcowscarnival
28077 Views, 8 Replies

RFA viewer?

Does autodesk produce a free RFA viewer?

If not, is there an alternate program that can import/convert rfa files?  For example, Bobrick produces item specs in an rfa file only; I would like to view/import the file into a dwg of mine.  It is not critical that it be imported directly, but at least to see it on screen to confirm the specifications.

Most likely I can contact Bobrick for a converted file, but that takes time and unecessary resources, and is only a solution for their specs.  I have come across rfa files only from other mfg's as well.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: madcowscarnival

are these revit family files?

if they are revit has a free viewer when you install the program

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
madcowscarnival
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes they are revit programs.  Do I need to install a trial version of the software for the viewer?  And does the viewer remain functional after the trial has expired?  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 9

I believe I read yesterday that the Viewer will remain.

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: madcowscarnival

yes and yes

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
anthonyleewatkins
in reply to: DarrenP

I have an architect sending me a rfa file, i do not have any autocad software on my desktop, but i dropped it in the autodesk veiwer, which says it views rvt files, but says 

We're sorry, that file format is not currently supported

Please try a different file.

Help!!!!! Thanks
Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: anthonyleewatkins

So why don't you need to ask the architect for a file format you can use???

Otherwise you need install REVIT (the version your architect is using): it becomes a free RFA viewer once the 30-days trial version expires. But it becomes just a viewer, nothing more. It's more than a viewer for as long as you are in the 30-day trial.

Note about REVIT versions: they change file formats with EVERY year version, so if you already have a viewer from back in the day or your architect recently upgraded then your old viewer is now dead and useless.

Message 8 of 9
j.harter
in reply to: pendean

Bc, it takes an hour to download and install revit, best case scenario, the software is heavy, and impractical as "just a viewer"

if a customer wants to preview a BPM family there should be a way to do so online, come on autodesk, pick up the pace.

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: j.harter

Autodesk provided viewers are explained here http://www.autodesk.com/viewers/all-viewers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost