Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put OS on a new SSD drive can't run Autocad of of old drive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
618 Views, 3 Replies

Put OS on a new SSD drive can't run Autocad of of old drive

A small SSD was recently added to my work computer.  Windows 7 pro was put on it.  The plan was to keep all of my software and data, including AutoCad 2011LT on my large 1tb drive.

Is it not possible to update my machine with a new drive and a fresh install of windows and still use the licensed AutoCad software that is on a seperate larger drive?

When I hit the autocad launch button I get the following error message.

"The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use command line sxstrece.exe tool for more detail."

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

does the 1tb also have an OS on it?

if it doesn't you need to reinstall Autocad

computers don't work like that just because you put in a new a harddrive with an OS on it programs don't automatically reinstall itself

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, the 1tb has the Windows 7 pro OS on it too.  I had to reboot into that drive in order to use my AutoCad program today for work.

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

there you go

thats why you can open autocad  when you boot in to the ssd drive

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost