Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties - No Selection

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sergej_dezelak
1706 Views, 9 Replies

Properties - No Selection

I have problem in AutoCAD LT. When I select some object and look at properties. There is no selection in the properties window. See the image attached.

What could be the problem?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
nestly2
in reply to: sergej_dezelak

Have you run a registry cleaner recently, or uninstalled Autodesk360?

Properties Palete blank after selecting object

Properties Palette wont work after uninstalling Autodesk360

Message 3 of 10
sergej_dezelak
in reply to: nestly2

No. Nothing of this.

Message 4 of 10

That is the Quick Properties window on top of the Palette properties window in your screenshot.

Are there any choices for QP for the entities that you have selected?

You can check by choosing the small box with the Check mark Icon which is how to Customize this pane.

Though I agree with Dean that the largeer heaer box is typicall not empty and the solutions offered in his post are the most typical reasons for this happening.

Any Windows updates recently?

Message 5 of 10
pendean

Windows Registry damage, corruption, or a clean-out are the only reasons PROPERTIES will not display info of objects selected.
The only cure is a reinstall of AutoCAD if a registry restore or windows system restore don't fix it.
Sorry, you are out of luck for any other less painful fix
Message 6 of 10
ryanJZ6WF

I also have this problem, usually towards the end of the day.  Seemingly out of nowhere, after selecting an object, I am unable to deselect an item.  Also once I try to select an item, I check the properties pane, and it displays "no selection", but the item I have selected remains highlighted.  I'm unable to move objects using grips. The only resolution I have found is to save and close my drawing. Then, close & reopen AutoCad.

Message 7 of 10
ryanJZ6WF
in reply to: ryanJZ6WF

Also, just to clarify, those are not the properties of the selected objects.
Message 8 of 10
pendean

>>>...usually towards the end of the day...<<<
@ryanJZ6WF Is it fair to say the problem goes away with a program restart?
Message 9 of 10
ryanJZ6WF
in reply to: pendean

yes, that is correct.

Message 10 of 10
pendean

@ryanJZ6WF There is no universal fix: in the interim restart your software once or twice or more in a workday IF you already have ensured your AutoCAD/LT version is fully up to date (post a screenshot of your ABOUT command pop-up and we can confirm that for you).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost