Contributor dn
Contributor
dn
Message 1 of 3 (664 Views)
Accepted Solution

Properties Autohide dialogue box not working

664 Views, 2 Replies
07-26-2010 04:14 AM

I am working on LT2008 and it used to be set up so that if I double clicked any line etc a box would come out from the left giving the full properties of the line and then after a while go back. In that box I could change properties if required. There was always a 'dormant' box on the left margin waiting to pop-out when requested.  Last week my computer had a major virus induced crash whilst I was working on a drawing but that is all now sorted and all is working ok but I cannot get the pop-out properties box to work.  I can get a full screen properties page but that does not actually show any details all it says is "no selection".  I am just about to upgrade on a new machine but I need to keep this one working as well as possible as a back-up.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (660 Views)

Re: Properties Autohide dialogue box not working

07-26-2010 05:28 AM in reply to: dn

You need to do a repair reinstall of LT: it appears that part of what they did to fix your computer is run a Windows Registry cleaner, which tends to mess up Properties in LT.

Autodesk recommended uninstall and reinstall procedures if a simple reinstall does not fix it:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10243968&linkID=9240617

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor dn
Contributor
dn
Message 3 of 3 (637 Views)

Re: Properties Autohide dialogue box not working

07-26-2010 12:34 PM in reply to: dn

Many thanks, all working fine now.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.