Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Grid Lines?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
11397 Views, 2 Replies

Printing Grid Lines?

I am using AC Lt 2008. I am neither an engineer or a draftsman. What I know about the product has been self taught, a real struggle at times. I am a hobby woodworker and like to draw my objects before I build them.

I have a drawing of an object whose overall dimensions is 36" x 6". I have Grid turned on and set at .5" for x and y. This drawing is made up of several splines. Of course I am unable to print this at full size as I only have an 8.5" x 11" printer.

I would like to print this showing an x any y grid at intervals that represent .5". I will then draw a similar grid on my wood. Then I will transfer the marks from the drawing to ther relative locations on the wood. When I have all these locations marked on the wood I will then connect them and this will be my pattern for cutting the wood to follow the drawing.

What I would like to know is how to have this grid print out on my drawing. I know I could draw lines connection all the Grid dots but I am wondering if there is not an easier way.

Thanks for your patience and help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Draw a horizontal line at the lower part of your shapes and then use the ARRAY comand to replicate at the required spacing.  Then do the same for a vertical line and make an array of it.  As you enjoy self learning I'm sure you will enjoy learning about the use of thr ARRAY command. <smile>

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

George,

It was a bit of a struggle but I got it. Thanks for the help.

At my age this is what I use for Alzheimers Prevention.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost