Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Grid Lines Not Allowed!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2668 Views, 3 Replies

Printing Grid Lines Not Allowed!

Hello, I remember being able to select 'Print Grid' back when I used AutoCAD 2000, but never needed to print the grid lines until about a year ago. AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT cannot do this. It seems only AutoCAD Civil 3D users have this option. Basically I need to print the drawing with a grid on paper and/or a mobile device so a field technician can draw conditions to scale easily and accurately. I realize this must not be in high demand, but there are a number of users who have asked about this. They are told that it is only a 'drawing aid' and they should array their construction lines to print their own grid. This is not a good solution for repetition of printing scaled field drawings, and certainly not 'state of the art' technology. Is this feature removed so we will have to search out the higher priced product? It seems like 'Print Grid' could be easily returned to all AutoCAD. Probably just a system variable that was removed when we weren't looking. Thank you for your time AJR
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Why not look into Autodesk 360 for your mobil needs?

The Field Tech can work on an actual drawing. Everything there, no need to use a grid to guess.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello, Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have AutoCAD 360 mobile installed on several tablets, and the web version is on our pc's along with AutoCAD LT 2012-14. I am looking for a grid that will accompany the field technician as they plot data from thermal scan roof inspections. It would help them quite a bit if they had a constant scale reference (grid). Does anyone know why the 'print grid' option for AutoCAD, and also the grid display for 360 mobile is removed? Is there any chance there is a fix I can download? Thanks again for any input!
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You remember incorrectly: perhaps you had an add on or a xustom solution back in the day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost