Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Viewports

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
designunity
962 Views, 3 Replies

Polygon Viewports

anyone else had issues with polygon viewports in autocad lt 2012?

the issue:

when viewing a layout tab with a polygon viewport in it, my screen only shows the last polygon viewport created, then when you switch tabs or go back to paper space, it still only show the image on the screen where the polygon viewport was located.

I have looked for settings & done web searches on this issue & nothing comes up

the issue only seems to be in autocad lt 2012 as i can go back a version and remove the polygon viewport.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

This may or may not be relevant, but if you have a lot of viewports in this drawing check out the variable MAXACTVP

If thie drawing is behaving correctly in an earlier version though then this is possibly not your problem

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: designunity

Can you share a DWG file?

Message 4 of 4
designunity
in reply to: pendean

ok worked out where me issue lies, but it creates its on issue as i don't think may people are running autocad the way I'm running it.

I'm running AutoCAD on windows 7 on a Mac using VMware. (this is so i can use our work printers)

The issue is possible to do with my video card, but it only pops up when using polygon viewports. attaching the cad file will not help as it works fine on windows machine, but not on a mac run windows machine.

just to make it clear, when using ploygon viewports my screen shows up fun & i'm unable to see anything on the screen excpet where the polygon viewport is, zoom extents just moves the view. regen & redraw don't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost