Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plines not on a layer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Crass
316 Views, 5 Replies

Plines not on a layer

I have these plines that keep appearing in my drawing that are not on a layer (see attached). I have never experienced this before. There are 10x duplicates stacked upon one another surrounding three separate shapes. My theory is that a hatch is creating them. I deleted them and they came back. How do I manage them and their display properties, or better yet, remove them from the drawing.

Thanks

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
drjohn
in reply to: Crass

Can you attach the drawing file or a part of it that exhibits this behavior?

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 6
Crass
in reply to: drjohn

I will try to extract the problem area and attach. I pobably won't get to this for a few more hours.

As a follow up, when I run AUDIT, this is the result:

Total errors found 30 fixed 30
Erased 0 objects

AcDbPolyline(C4DF0) Invalid layer eWasErased

etc... for all 30 objects

These are the culprit lines. The AUDIT moves the plines to the $AUDIT-BAD-LAYER. I can delete them from this layer and then purge the audit layer, but I have done this already. I think they will reappear again.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 6
pendean

Use RECOVER to open the file, then PURGE everything. SAVE.
Now WBLOCK out the content of the file you want to keep to create a new file. Do not INSERT or IMPORT anything else from the 'bad' file.

90% that cures problems similar to yours.

If they re-appear later, find out if it is after you INSERT or IMPORT something from another file or not.

Message 5 of 6
Crass

Thanks Dean. I can include xrefs in my wblock, correct? Also this means I need to rebuild my viewports in all my layout tabs (including VP scale, extents, freezing, overrides, etc), correct? It's frustrating because I think I have identified the culprit geometry. Maybe I will look at those features more closely first.
-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 6 of 6
pendean

If you have XREFs, you need to 'fix' each of those files separately as well to accurately 'cure'the problem.

But if you have identified the offending objects you might want to simply address them instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost