Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
EL-Designer
504 Views, 8 Replies

Paste Issue

hi,

I am trying to copy some items in my drawing but i can not past anything in this specific drawing, i turned on all layer but didn't work!

I wonder if there is a n option in Cad that Locks the paste option?!! or what the problem can be?!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: EL-Designer

Do you get an error message or prompt?

Can you cut/paste within this one problem file? or are you trying to cut/paste between files?

Is the file from another firm or user, someone using either 2013 or a "vertical" like AutoCAD Architecture or Civil or MEP?

Message 3 of 9
EL-Designer

thank you for your respond

I am not getting any error message, the copy commend works fine in the drawing but when I copy with the clipboard it doesn't work within the file!

I am trying to copy and past between 2 different drawing , if I copy the object from the source file to any other drawing it works fine, but I can not past any thing in this specific drawing!!

Message 4 of 9
pendean

No, not COPY command: In the problem file only, can you COPY/PASTE in it? grab content from one side, copy to clipboard, then paste it elsewhere.

Another test: in the source file, draw a line. Copy it to the Clipboard. Go to the Destination/problem file, PASTE that line in. Anything?

Try fixing the destination file: RECOVER or AUDIT commands, followed by PURGE then SAVE.

Message 5 of 9
Bob_Zurunkle

COPYCLIP, COPYBASE & PASTECLIP are the clipboard commands...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 6 of 9
bbwebb44
in reply to: pendean

I was just upgraded to ACAD 13 LT.  With 12 I was able to copy an item to the clipboard and then paste it to a different drawing.  This was different than the previous version, but I adapted.  Now with 13, I have done the same command sequence, the image is selected, copy to clipboard with basepoint, and then when I switch to the new drawing, paste is not a highlighted option.  Is there a setting that is included in the install that I need to change? 

Thanks,

bbwebb44

Message 7 of 9
sthompson1021

Hi, how are you trying to copy to clipboard? I was having problems and finally figured out that Ctrl Shift C and Ctrl Shift V were the easiest way to copy between drawings with base point. If you don't need the base point then Ctrl C and Ctrl V work. I use 2013lt and I don't have any special settings.

Message 8 of 9
pendean
in reply to: bbwebb44

Are you saving your files to a lower format than 2013?

CTRL+C and CTRL+V work fine here in 2013, I can copy/paste all day long between files.

Message 9 of 9
EL-Designer
in reply to: pendean

this the error that im getting now!

Substituting [simplex.shx] for [MSURVEY.SHX].

i figure at that there is a missing file and when I attached that it worked fine 🙂

Thank you all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost