Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Scale Dialog Box Missing

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
haroldscott
9160 Views, 18 Replies

Object Scale Dialog Box Missing

I am unable to coax the Object Scale dialog box to appear.  Typing OBJECTSCALE and invoking the Add/Delete Scales command via Annotate on the ribbon do nothing.  I looked in the CUI and everything appears normal with the command and macro.  I have attempted to see if the box was just off screen, but when I hit Alt+Spacebar, the main Autocad menu highlights, as if the Annotative Object Scale dialog box is not even open. I have lost dialog boxes off screen before, so I don't thing that is the issue.  I have done a Repair and an update to the latest service pack.

I am running Autocad 2010 LT on a Windows 7 64-bit machine with 8MB memory.    I have FILEDIA = 1, CMDDIA = 1, and ATTDIA = 1.

I have not done a complete reinstall due to the pain of updating all of my settings, but I guess that is a last resort if I cannot figure out how to get the dialog box to show up.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Harold

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
aladin
in reply to: haroldscott

I had the same problem. While reading another forum, one user mentioned that it appears like AutoCad is opening the Objectscale window (Annotation Object Scale) on another monitor that's not connected (let's call it fictitious monitor).

A week ago I switched position of my larger monitor from right to left side of my laptop. I rightclicked on my desktop-properties-settings and switched position of monitor 2 to the left of monitor 1 (laptop monitor). Ever since I wasn't able to get Annotation Object Scale window to show up. Typing OBJECTSCALE wouldn't do anything, AutoCad would just freeze and the only way to get out of it was to hit Cancel button. Today, after reading all posts in another thread, I tried this. I went back to Desktop, rightclicked on it and chose properties and settings tab again. Switched monitor 2 back to right side of monitor 1(laptop monitor). VOILA! The Annotation object scale window showed up. I repositioned monitor 2 back to the left side in the same monitor settings window and the Annotation object scale window stayed on monitor 2. I am happy now because I don't have to reinstall AutoCAD 2012. I hope this helps somebody.

Message 3 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: aladin

Losing dialogs on monitors that are moved as you did is fairly common.

Glad you found your solution.

Word of advice - Always move everything back to the primary monitor prior to making changes to the secondary monitor. This can include aspect ratios as well.

Message 4 of 19
aladin

I think that's a great advice. I wish I had known that years ago. I've been having this issue with hatch window for a long time and never knew why. As soon as I undock my laptop and take it somewhere, this would start happening.

So, prevention first, just as described in Charles' post and if something like this still happens, play with your monitor settings and you'll get it back.

Message 5 of 19
Owelch_MCA

So what kind of support is "Glad you figured out your solution"? What do you do when there is only 1 monitor? We are using C3D 2014 and so far are not happy with the install and processing. You would think that Autodesk would have these bugs fixed or not change something that is not broken. Dialog boxes work fine in C3D 2011.

Where are my dialog boxes?

Message 7 of 19
Owelch_MCA
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the fix - cad-addict.

Thank you,

Owen Welch
Sr. Project Surveyor

[MCA logo_png for email sign.]
Michigan | Illinois | Ohio | Indiana
800.525.6016 | Direct 734.217.4708

Visit us online at: www.metroca.net

The Team for Today's Client!
Message 8 of 19
kwoodward

Tried this and to no avail with a user i am supporting.

even repaired ACAD, changed resolutions, main monitor settings etc.

What tipped me off that the problem is in the drawing file - if i opened a new drawing the dialog box would pop up. so it must be drawing-related. So after doing all the usual things, PURGE, AUDIT, ETC. 

this is what fixed it...... 

1. Qnew,
  2. insert problem drawing at 0,0,0. explode.
  3. insert layout from problem drawing as a template.
  4. save over problem drawing with same name.
  5. Voila' Dialog box pops

-Kevin Woodward

Kevin Woodward
CAD Manager, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Message 9 of 19
Owelch_MCA

Thanks. I will give this a try when / if it happens again.

Thank you,

Owen L. Welch
Project Coordinator
800.525.6016 | Direct 734.217.4708
owelch@metroca.net | www.metroca.net
[cid:image004.jpg@01D028D7.E4E99F60]
Message 10 of 19
mattsears18

Thanks @aladin. Moving the monitors around fixed this problem for me too.

Message 11 of 19
Chevon.Popp
in reply to: kwoodward

I'm having the same issue, it must be dwg. related and not a Windows issue. I'm not wanting to do what you've done because I have tons of layouts already saved into this drawing. (I have however, figured out a way around it without using the dialog box.)

in modelspace...

1. command line: -objectscale (NOT just object scale).

2. select annotative objects, I just selected everything in the boundary box created for the layout if you have your picks set right.

3. enter, then add/delete/?

4. I first added the scale I needed by typing 'add' into the command line.

5. prompts to type in the scale to add. I typed "?" then highlighted the scale needed and right-clicked and pasted into the the command line.

6. works immediately without regen.

7. same steps but used a 'delete' to remove unwanted scales.

This worked but I would like my old dialog box, this seems to be the long way without losing the integrity of the .dwg.

Hope this helps.

If you find out how to get the dialog box to open without copying into a new file please share. Vice-versa.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 19
hwalker
in reply to: Chevon.Popp

Welcome to the Forums

At the command line type CMDDIA. Make sure it's 1

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 13 of 19
Chevon.Popp
in reply to: hwalker

It is set. I ran through every other trouble shooting...and this is my current solution.

Message 14 of 19

Just found this and it works.

1) Right click the Scale List button, then select "Custom"

2) Press Alt + Spacebar

3) Press the down arrow once, followed by Enter

4) Press the left arrow

5) The dialog box should now be locked to your mouse, so you should be able to bring it back on your screen.

Hope it helps!

Message 15 of 19
Chevon.Popp
in reply to: Chevon.Popp

If this happens again I'll definitely give it a try, thanks.

Best Regards,
Chevon Popp | Drafter
D. Architectural Metal Solutions Incorporated
5919 W. 118th St. | Alsip, IL 60803
Chevon.Popp@damsinc.com | (708) 224-4315 | damsinc.com
Sunshades and Lightshelves | ACM and Plate Panel Systems | Column Covers | Grilles and Louvers
Message 16 of 19
travhaiz
in reply to: pendean

*comment deleted

Message 17 of 19
christopherNPBF8

Thanks Aladin! this is truly helpful

i can't believe that i will find the solution on "missing annotation scale dialogue box autocad LT 2018  issue" was posted 5years(+?) ago. 

why is this is still happening?

Message 18 of 19

I had this problem and after messing with it for 45 minutes what worked for me is I realized I had a locked layer current. Once I changed to a unlocked layer,  the dialog box appeared. Seems like a weird bug. 

Message 19 of 19
pendean
in reply to: jthompsonAABNZ

@jthompsonAABNZ wrote:

I had this problem and after messing with it for 45 minutes what worked for me is I realized I had a locked layer current. Once I changed to a unlocked layer,  the dialog box appeared. Seems like a weird bug. 

Locking Layers has a wide reach in the program, nothing truly weird about it, it's just not that well documented.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost