Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Enablers for 2012

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
RAMasterson
2939 Views, 18 Replies

Object Enablers for 2012

Any word on when LT will have object enablers  available to diplay the ACAD Arch & ACAD MEP objects?

The ACAD Civil is the only one posted.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: RAMasterson

Those that know cannot say, and those that say do not know 🙂

LT2011's OEs came out late for some reason if that's any help.

Message 3 of 19
Kate_LT

OE's for Architecture & MEP objects are built in to the product now. But if you have a file that's not displaying properly, please send it to me (kate.morrical@autodesk.com).

Kate Morrical
Technical Marketing Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
LT Unlimited
Message 4 of 19
RAMasterson
in reply to: Kate_LT

Thanks for that info Kate...Do you know if this is also true for DWG TrueView 2012?

Message 5 of 19
CharlesGoin

Well Im running ACAD 2012 and ACAD MEP objects from my Electrical Contractor (Done in MEP) are showing as simple AEC Proxy blocks.. "yea".. maybe an enabler wouldnt be a bad idea.. just in case.  

Message 6 of 19
alawrence

Kate,

Here is a file that is displaying fairly ok, but I get a dialog box asking for proxy graphic information.  It was created in AutoCAD 2012.  I just want the dialog box to stop popping up every time I open the file.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A. Lawrence

Message 7 of 19
pendean
in reply to: alawrence

Set PROXYNOTICE to 0 (off): look all these "proxy" commands and variables up in HELP, they all start with the word PROXY.

Message 8 of 19
alawrence

Thanks Dean.

I have another question: How do I set up a pen settings file?

Regards.

Anthony

Message 9 of 19
pendean
in reply to: alawrence

PLOT STYLE TABLES? start with one of the free one provided to ensure it has the "color" output you want, then make a copy of it with STYLESMANAGER, give it a unique name, then edit the linewieghts and test until you are satisfied with the results.

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

i have my new autocad lt 2012 installed in my computer but when i open my drawings, there are text missing. how will i fix it?

Message 11 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Not enough information in your post. Find out more and post back with details.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

what i mean is, the text is not displayed on the drawing. some is displayed some is not. I used the older version of CAd (2008 LT) but when they change ti to LT2012 Lt, those text dissapear. Please let me know how to fix it. I couldnt find an object enabler for Autocad 2012 LT as well Object enabler for Mep.

Appreciate your help.

Message 13 of 19
pendean

- Did you check to see if that layer was frozen/off?

- Do you use ANNOTATIVE Text? if yes, is it a matter of resetting the annotaqtive scale to 1:1 then back to whatever it needs to be?

- Did LT2012 not find the font and create a substitution? When you open a DWG file AutoCAD tells you of such an even. Check your STYLE settings.

- Are you missing an XREF with those notes?

- Are this Mtext or TEXT objects that are missing?

Investigate the cause as noted above, don't just report a symptom: there is no LT2012 Emabler for LT2008, never has been, never will be. That's not what 'enablers' do.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

I've dowloaded the latest service pack, and AutoCAD Civil enablers, but I am still unable to view proxy objects, such as doors and stairs, in a file created in AutoCAD Architecture.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Message 15 of 19
Charles_Shade
Message 16 of 19
pendean

Did you read what you wrote? CIVIL is not ARCHITRCTURE, two totally different disciplines and programs.
PROXYGRAPHICS and PROXYSHOW variables need to be on for you to see proxy objects: look up usage in your LT's HELP.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Nope. "Setup was unable to detect any target applications for AutoCAD Architecture-MEP 2013 Object Enabler for AutoCAD LT." Why is this object enabler made for every year but 2012?
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes I did see what I wrote, but since you guys aren't offering Architecture/MEP Enablers for LT 2012, I thought I'd try the only one you are. I saw a post that these enablers are "built in" to 2012, but that does certainly not appear to be the case. I've asked the author of the file to change their proxygraphics to 1, checked mine, as well as proxyshow, and asked the author to save it back to version 2000/2004. Nothing is working. Erik Lang, AIA, LEED AP Grant Projects, LLC 1407 Broadway, 30th Floor New York, NY 10018 Office. (212) 695-6666 x111 Fax. (212) 695-9405
Message 19 of 19
pendean

We are end users like you: so far you are not addressing anyone that works for Autodesk here. Sorry Friend, this is peer support. if you want Autodesk support consider buying a subscription that offers it.

Enablers are not automatic for all versions: someone somewhere decides if LT needs it or not and then develops it. If it's not listed on the website it's not available. And since LT2012 is no longer current I'd be very surprised if any is ever developed in the future.

To remove AEC content from a file, the originating AEC program needs to "export to autocad" to destroy the objects back to AutoCAD entities. Sometimes, not always, an equal or higher version of AutoCAD/LT with the correct enablers installed can do the same with -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (as long as it can see these objects). SAVEAS is not the fix, never has been.

Hope this clears up what is needed for a fix for your file(s).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost