Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED help... newbie

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Ckerch57
351 Views, 7 Replies

NEED help... newbie

I have a design that is a jpeg. I need it to be in cad ... ok, I'm new at this autoCad.. I'm using AutoCad Lt 14.  like to redraw it in cad. to then put it in Dwg which I know how to do.. it's how to pull it in to Cad, is what I asking.. for help.. is it possible????

ck

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: Ckerch57

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

First just a stupid question, we are speaking about ACAD LT 2014 or ACAD LT R14 ?

Have you tried the command :  _IMAGE

to insert your JPG, BMP, TIF, etc image in your drawing at 0,0 with a Scale = 1.0 ?

When with a _SCALE or _ALIGN command, you will be able to scale the image to be at the right Scale!

then DRAW ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
pendean

Drag the image from Windows Explorer into an open AutoCAD file, place it where you want, ZOOM in, and now trace over it with those AutoCAD commands LINE, ARC, CIRCLE and so on.
Message 4 of 8
Ckerch57
in reply to: braudpat

Sorry I'm not as smart as you are, but just so you know I will continue to ask those stupid questions you were speaking about. I sure you asked the same kind of questions when you were NOT a expert..
Message 5 of 8
pendean

Pat was asking permission to ask a "stupid" question: he was talking about himself, no one was referring to your question. Now say you're sorry 🙂
Message 6 of 8
Ckerch57
in reply to: pendean

im sorry pat,,, 

Message 7 of 8
braudpat

Hello from France

Sorry I am French so my US/English is not very fluent ...

I was only trying to help you (as said Dean) ... No problem with your answer !

Have a nice day !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Ckerch57

I would like to apologize to you , I think I just didn't read it right.. please forgive me... 

I understand being from a other country , I lived in South Africa where I spoke no AfriKaans it is hard when you don't know the languag

thanks for your help..

ckerch57

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost