Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mtext editing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kcsalefty
450 Views, 10 Replies

Mtext editing

Is there any way in 09LT to get text editing back so that it opens the text editor on a double click instead of properties dialog box?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: kcsalefty

You set double-click behavior for most entities in the CUI, help yourself.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 11
kcsalefty

I looked in help and set up two double click commands, 1 for editing mtext and 1 for editing blocks. I followed the instructions in help and added those commands to new double click actions and saved the cui. But when I double click on mtext or a block it still comes up with the properties dialog box. Can someone help me get this set. Having gotten very attached to being able to double click on any text, mtext, blocks or attributes (like in 06LT), It's been a major slow down to have to kill the properties dialog box and manually exicute these editing commands.

Thanks.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

So yours looks like the attached screenshot?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 11
kcsalefty

Yes, I am unable to post screen shot (files too big), but I still get the properties dialog box when I dbl click on mtext.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Just thinking out loud.......if you have more than one mtext objects
selected, it will bring up the properties box, but otherwise it should
bring up the editor.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

are you sure its not in a block, or grouped with other objects?
Message 8 of 11
kcsalefty

I can create some mtext, close that, double click on it and up comes the properties dialog box. I've also tried to create a attribute edit double click, and block edit double click and can't get any to work.
Message 9 of 11
Modman_4

Have you drilled deeper into the CUI? I assume LT has a part for double-click actions? Under that you should find what Dean showed in his image. That should say what command would be invoked by double-clicking on MText.

I am wondering if you might not be referring to the action of MText that is part of a dimension. For some odd reason Autodesk changed the default to bring up the properties instead of the editor. I found in another post how ot change it back, but my details are sketchy. It involved duplicating one of the categories, changing it to dimensions, and redefining the double-click behavior to ddedit. Check the old posts from about 2 months ago. It came in very handy!
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 10 of 11
kcsalefty

I very rarely use dimensions, just would like to be able to double click on text, mtext, block, attributes and edit them. It was one of the best (and most time saving) things that Autodesk had done in a long time when it came out. But I guess to keep selling software every year, they think that things need to change. That's one thing they could have left alone, why fix something that wasn't broken and worked very well right out of the box without having to jump through programming hoops.
Message 11 of 11
osborn320

did you try the mtexttoolbar system variable?

(The ribbon really got me when we switched from 08 to 10 -- I set this to 1 instead of the default 2!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost