Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Drawings and Layers Interchangeably

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
419 Views, 2 Replies

Moving Drawings and Layers Interchangeably

Help! I have two .dwg files. One file has every layer that I could possible need on it. The other file is an existing file created in my office. So, I want to take an existing drawing that does not have a good layer naming system and move it into the file that does. I saw in another post that this can be done in the Design Center, however when I go to copy layers from the existing file to the destination file it won't let me. Does this make any sense?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drjohn
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Help! I have two .dwg files. One file has every layer that I could possible need on it. The other file is an existing file created in my office. So, I want to take an existing drawing that does not have a good layer naming system and move it into the file that does. I saw in another post that this can be done in the Design Center, however when I go to copy layers from the existing file to the destination file it won't let me. Does this make any sense?

Actually, no, it doesn't.  Did you expand the tree in the DC and highlight the layers in the layers section of the OPEN DRAWINGS portion of the DC and drag them to the open drawing and see a little rectangle next to your cursor and then let the mouse button go?

Shoulda worked.

HTH

Regards,

DJ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: drjohn

Got it....thank you so much!

--
Michael A. Evertsen
Graduate Architecture Student
Ball State University
Cell# (717) 343-0050

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost