Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving 3D mouse cancels command

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wesleylau
598 Views, 5 Replies

Moving 3D mouse cancels command

I have AutoCAD LT 2011 and a 3D Connexion space navigator. My problem is that whenever I move the mouse, the command that I'm currently on gets canceled. For example, if I am moving something and it's asking me for the target location and I move the 3d mouse to navigate there, I get canceled out of the move command. This essentially means I can't use my 3d mouse for commands (a big problem!).

Anybody else have this issue and how did they resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: wesleylau

SWAG - Is your PICKFIRST variable set to 1?

Message 3 of 6
wesleylau

Yes, my PICKFIRST variable is set to 1. I just also tried setting it to 0 and I have the same problem.

Also, I used to use AutoCAD 2008 and didn't have any problems. I emailed Logitech, but they said that AutoCAD now handles the 3d connexion drivers (version 2011 and up), so they can't help me...
Message 4 of 6
pendean

In AutoCAD most likely, but not LT.

I suggest you post in the Pointing Devices forum as well, don't forget to mention your LT version: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Pointing-Devices-and-Displays/bd-p/17
Message 5 of 6
gerarddecarolis

I had the same problem just using my regular mouse. After reading your post I decided to unplug my 3D connexion mouse. The problem went away and didn't come back after I plugged the 3D mouse back in. Another Inventor user heard me talking about this issue and told me using the "Calibrate" feature in the 3D connexion control panel should also fix the problem.

Message 6 of 6
wesleylau
in reply to: gerarddecarolis

Neither worked for me. Same problem when I unplugged my mouse and replugged it back in. No cigar trying to calibrate either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost