Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse Lag When Drawing Lines in AutoCAD LT 2011 / Windows 8

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
burkar0615
2417 Views, 7 Replies

Mouse Lag When Drawing Lines in AutoCAD LT 2011 / Windows 8

Just got my new work PC and I'm having issues drawing lines in AutoCAD LT 2011.

Much like other people, circles are fine, as is most everything else.  It's just the lines (and who uses lines when drawing things?).  So, as you can imagine, my frustration level is to the point where my head is about to explode.

Here are my PC Specs:

Windows 8

Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz - 8 CPUS

Memory - 16GB Ram

AMD Radeon HD 7770

2GB GDDR5 Memory

And this is coming from an old Dell that ran 2011 like a champ, the computer just got old and died.

I can't see any reason, component wise, why the CPU can't handle it, and, since it's just on lines, it leads me to believe it's a software issue where 2011 LT isn't playing nicely with Windows 8 or some other component.

Could it be that it's just time to get with the times and upgrade or is there some workaround?

I've tried turning off all of the common things that can cause issues with mouse lag to no avail.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: burkar0615

it could be windows 8

no version of LT is compatible with windows 8

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14078105&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
burkar0615
in reply to: DarrenP

Awesome.  I didn't even have the option of purchasing it with Windows 7, which I would have rather had to begin with.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Microsoft offers a Win7-downgrade option if you want to pay for it.

Or you could try this tip to reinstall LT2011 (which may or may not help):

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-install-autocad-2013-and-inventor-2013-in-windows-8-tip903...

is the problem limited to just LINE objects? But it's fine with ARCs, Circles and PLINES?

Message 5 of 8
burkar0615
in reply to: pendean

Arcs are jumpy. 

Circles show no lag.

Plines are choppy as well.

I do have Windows 8 Pro, which I believe comes with downgrade rights.  Which is an option.  But I'm sure that they'll end up supporting CAD 2013 on Windows 8 eventually, not something I'd expect for 2011.  Perhaps a better option is to upgrade to 2013 and deal with it until they get the compatability issues fixed.

Message 6 of 8
AcadAdamLT

But why would anyone willingly choose Windows 8? Smiley Surprised

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 7 of 8

Turn Aero off in Appearance and personalization (found in control panel).

Pick a windows basic theme.  Pain in the bum I know.

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: SimonTaskBayley

There is no Aero option in Win8: Microsoft finally dropped it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost