Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chesuk
441 Views, 7 Replies

Model Space

Hi Guys, I am a new user to Autocad LT and I thought all drawings done in model space were 1:1 scale, however somme drawings I have opened in model space are not 1:1 and I cant seem to find out why.

Aslo if I draw a rectangle 1160 x 1149 mm I cannot veiw it all my zooming out where am I going wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: chesuk

Correct, in MODEL space you should draw everything at 1:1. Here is your file back, I drew the box you wanted over the words "floor plan": did you use RECTANG command? How did you enter the size? I used the @1160,1149 typed method.

Message 3 of 8
chesuk
in reply to: pendean

Hi, many thanks for your comment, please find attached file with the linar dimension that i added it reads 4786,19 mm where the original linar dimension is 1149,30 mm this is what I fail to understand why is the orignal drawing not at the same scale as my amendments?

Message 4 of 8
JamesLovell

A tip for you... you probably want to look at Paper space for your borders/titleblock then all model geometry is the only thing in model space.

the scaling is way off in that drawing 😕 no idea why, i had to rescale it using 'Reference'.

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 5 of 8
Charles_Shade

Change the Units to something like 0.0000 accuracy

Now click on your Dimension that is incorrect (say the 1242.70)

In the Properties Palette or QP Window notice the DIMLINEAR Scale. Someone changed this to .24 which means this drawing is Scaled in Modelspace as others have indicated.

Incidently is you change the DIMLINEAR Scale to 1 for the 1149.3 Dimension you will see that it does not equate to the 4789.19 that was added. Zoom into the right and left Extention lines to see why. In this case both dimensions are out of sorts.

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: JamesLovell

See below.ScreenShot003.png

Message 7 of 8
chesuk

Many thanks Charles finally found it, what reason would somebody what to alter this when they are in model space surely it is easier to draw 1:1.

Message 8 of 8
JamesLovell
in reply to: pendean

got it 🙂

in all my years ive never used this method before!

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost