Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lt2008

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
AkKen
364 Views, 5 Replies

Lt2008

This morning when trying to start my Lt2008, nothing would happen when hitting the Windows XP desktop icon. Nothing would happen when hitting the EXE icon/tab in the program files either. I've tried the Repair/Reinstall method as well ----- and was able to start the program.

Now the trouble is that none of my "dashboard" is shown. Only 4 tabs show --- one of them being VIEW --- and that only shows TOOLBAR --- and tapping on that produces nothing.

Is there a method to remove the program and then re-install it? My disc is an upgrade from Lt2005.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: AkKen

Try to select another workspace and see if that helps.
Message 3 of 6
AkKen
in reply to: pendean

After talking with a local CAD instructor, I jogged my memory and remembered that SpywareDetector has interfered with AutoCAD in the past. After I turned it off, the program ran fine. After turning it back on, the program was again inaccessible. I've sent an error log and 'repair' request to the SD folks.

Thanks for replying, Dean!
Message 4 of 6
braudpat

Hello

Thks for the feedback about SpyWare Detector !

Just for my Info: you are running LT 2008 32 bits on Win XP Pro 32 bits, I imagine ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
AkKen

You are correct in your O/S assumptions.

Message 6 of 6
AkKen

After the folks from SD performed their online fix, the program ran fine. I also found the Windows Update was affected --- but that was overcome by turning SD off, updating Windows, and then turning SD back on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost