Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of tool function for selected objects

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tmcm
565 Views, 2 Replies

Loss of tool function for selected objects

I am using AutoCAD LT 2011. I have had an unexpected loss of functions that is not restored by a system restart.

When I select objects, I can't get any of the tools to work on the preselected object ( The tools all work if I select the tool first and then select object to apply it to). And I can't change properties such as layer & colour of a preselected object.

Also I can't delete a selected object with the keyboard delete key, and I can't bring upthe MultiLine text editor with the usual double click of a text object.

It doesn't sound like a simple command reset as there is too many things involved. Can't find anything on options and drafting settings that is relavent. So it sounds like it might be a total reload of LT?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ScottHodges
in reply to: tmcm

I would guess your pickfirst variable has been set to 0. Try setting it back to 1, or the other way round
Message 3 of 3
tmcm
in reply to: ScottHodges

Thanks very much Scott.

I was just about to reinstall the software, so you have saved me alot of time.

I thought there would be a variable there but I couldn't find anything that worked myself.

Strange how some variables seem to reset themselves on their own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost