AutoCAD LT General Discussion

AutoCAD LT General Discussion

katrin.sullivan
Message 11 of 58 (6,756 Views)

Re: Linetypes Will not Purge

10-30-2012 04:17 PM in reply to: katrin.sullivan

the above is what you do when Wblock entire doesn't work...

merkez
Message 12 of 58 (6,720 Views)

11-04-2012 09:32 AM in reply to: katrin.sullivan

Hi,

We have same problem in our office. We have some files that has 5000+ line types. After quick search I saw, wblok command with entire drawing option can solve problem.
We have lt 2012 and lt 2010. LT 2010 can solve problem with wblock command but lt 2012 can not.
I uninstalled LT 2012 and removed directories and registry keys. Then clean reinstalled it. wblock command worked for a while and line type problems gone. But than next week all problems came back again. LT 2012 Wblock can not remove line types and new line types started to appear in all files. LT 2010 machines can remove line types with wblock command but after LT2012 machines worked on file, new line types appears again.

Is there any solution?

Thank you...

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 13 of 58 (6,714 Views)

11-04-2012 04:40 PM in reply to: Mcdowall
The linetypes reappear because you keep reintroducing them: they obviously exist in blocks and content you add to your DWG files.
You folks might need to spend time purging or replacing these at some point.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
merkez
Message 14 of 58 (6,692 Views)

11-06-2012 01:48 AM in reply to: katrin.sullivan

Hi again,

I am talking about new drawings. Clean drawings are going bad in time. There is no block or object imported or pasted from another drawing or file.

Main problem is why can not LT2012 wblock? Wblock with LT 2012 has no effect for line types.
LT 2010 and Acad 2013 can do it. Also LT 2012 could wblock in after clean install but only for a few weeks.

And problem is shown in the files that only LT 2012 machines working on.

We had no problem like this at past (I mean years before LT2012). When we had it, we saw LT 2012 can not fix it. That's why, I thing LT2012 is the responsible for this issue.

Thank you..

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 15 of 58 (6,688 Views)

11-06-2012 05:11 AM in reply to: Mcdowall
Files going bad? Seriously, do you believe that? Content doesn't just appear one day, a user puts them in. If the content is not there at start and is there after some time someone added it. Rethink that excuse.

We all have 2012 and 2013, post a Dwg that you can purge in one but not the other, maybe someone can figure out a trigger if there is one.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
katrin.sullivan
Message 16 of 58 (6,685 Views)

11-06-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: pendean
We have worked through one source in the case of the Line type error nightmare. The OP (original provider) who set up the drawings had been creating drawings using a bound base and then erasing all. That was done over and over instead of using a clean template. It infected 2 projects before it was contained we have 85% cleaned. It can be done but I don't know if LT series can export. I haven't used it in over a decade. If it can... Export to DXF, open new DXF, audit in DXF, purge all make sure nested is checked. This will take a couple times. Check line types once gone save back to dwg. Since you are using LT there is actually less data loss because of the lack of certain object classes. I hope this gets to the right person I am Mobile right now headed in to work. Good luck
katrin.sullivan
Message 17 of 58 (6,548 Views)

01-14-2013 09:47 AM in reply to: Mcdowall

Hello,

I have found another solution to the issue. It is using AutoDesk's Layer Translator in an illogical manner .

This has affected not only  LT drawings but, Civil 3D as well. Due to the nature and complexity of some larger projects and the fact that this issue, has been shown to be transferrable to any drawing that is touched (xref, block, copybase, ncopy, layer import, etc) by a drawing with the problem I recommend you apply a bottom to top method of looking at your affected drawings.

I have found that this needs to be done in a certain order with files. The lowest nested xref must be done first (if there are any) to prevent re-corruption of production sets.(ie if you have a sheet and it has the base attached and nested in that is the survey, landscape base and the off site improvements; you should start with the nested files first then work back)

Method:

1. Layer translator in the left hand box, check for layer names with a different icon next to them (these are unused and can be purged) right click on one of the layers listed and chose purge. All extra layers will be purged.

2. Under the right hand box, choose the button "Load..." browse to the same file you have open. This is the illogical part, but the Layer translator only brings with it the actual layers and settings that have been set in the manger. The extra lintypes not being attached to any specific one are left out. Choose file and select open.

3. Once Layers have loaded select "Map Same" button in the middle of the two upper boxes.

4. Once the layers have been mapped they will show as having disappeared from the left hand box and all the layers will appear in the lower box. Select "Translate" button at the bottom.

5. On the next pop up select Translate Only.

6. Purge all

7. Audit

8. Purge all again.

9. Type in LT to pull up dialog and confirm that all excessive linetypes have been removed.

Depending on file size it takes on average about 2-3 min to perfom

Happy CADDing.

ZachGraff
Message 18 of 58 (6,461 Views)

02-21-2013 10:37 AM in reply to: katrin.sullivan

katrin.sullivan wrote:

Hello,

I have found another solution to the issue. It is using AutoDesk's Layer Translator in an illogical manner .

I can't imagine how you ever discovered this but it worked like a charm for us. Thanks.

Beaso
Message 19 of 58 (6,130 Views)

04-03-2013 02:46 PM in reply to: Mcdowall

Hi There!

I also have this problem of linetypes that won't purge in a particular drawing. I am using lt 2013. I have tried the following:

wblock

save as dxf

explode and purge all blocks

delete absolutely everything from the drawing and purge it

Still I have these linetypes that won't purge. See attached my file which has no objects in it but lots of linetypes.

Any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
hwalker
Message 20 of 58 (6,119 Views)

04-04-2013 01:29 AM in reply to: Beaso

I suspect it's something to do with the shx files, but unfortunately I don't know how to unload them from LT.

SHX files are usually used for complex linetypes, so if you can stop those files loading you will probably be able to delete the linetypes

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.