Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines are not coplanar

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Darylt
22369 Views, 13 Replies

Lines are not coplanar

Tried an area command on the attached drawing but on 3rd pickpoint i get the message 'Lines are not coplanar' - this issue is only whilst using the drawing in autocad LT 2015 (working fine in LT 2014) and therefore assume that some setting in LT 2015 needs changing?

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Daryl

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: Darylt

Your plan is too far away from 0,0,0, the center of the AutoCAD universe.
The file would not work in 2013 or 2015 as you noted, 2014 managed to ignore the issue for some reason.

Works fine now: it's attached, moved close to 0,0,0, and I turned on and ZOOM EXTENTS to show you what else is in your file (you need to PURGE too).

Message 3 of 14
Darylt
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Pendean - Much appreciated.

Daryl

Message 4 of 14
iharvey

Hi Dean,

Im having the same issue, and i found that your solution works, but i work with land divisions and need the coordinates far, far away from 0,0,0.

any other way around this?

thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 14
pendean
in reply to: iharvey

HPORIGIN (and HPORIGNMODE) ought to do what you need. This can also be fixed by adjusting the position of the UCS in relation to your project: if modelspace needs UCS set to World for whatever reason, you can change the UCS in the viewport which does not affect the model UCS and it regenerated correctly.
Message 6 of 14
iharvey

Hi Dean, tried both of those options but no dice.
Changing the ucs or the hatch pattern origin doesn’t fix the problem.
Can pick two points no problem, 3rd one wont select unless its far away from the first 2 (unreasonably far) and says lines are coplanar, even when picking empty space, nothing has z values.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 14
pendean

I'd love to see a portion of your DWG file with the problem in place if you can post it here. Otherwise I suspect this old limitation is not fixable.
Message 8 of 14
iharvey

Hi Dean,

sample of the file with xrefs bound in.

I know the workaround for the problem is to use polylines to generate area's, but alot of our jobs then end up going to our construction manager who views them in trueview where the problem remains.

would love a practical solution.

cheers,

Message 9 of 14
pendean

Your workaround is the corect process to use. And I don't use DTV, sorry.

I'm having a hard time locating the problem in your file...

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 14
tomislav.vargek

that didn't work for me, but rather setting DWGUNITS to meters

Message 11 of 14
epigramx
in reply to: tomislav.vargek

What @tomislav.vargek said seems to be the issue on later versions.

Message 12 of 14
infoTYBD7

Exactly I am having the same problem, which the third point can not be selected, and  I cannot move the whole drawing back to 0,0. / ucs

Please kindly help

Message 13 of 14
pendean
in reply to: infoTYBD7

@infoTYBD7 wrote:

Exactly I am having the same problem, which the third point can not be selected, and  I cannot move the whole drawing back to 0,0. / ucs

Please kindly help

Show us: share your DWG file here for all of us to access this immovable object please.

Message 14 of 14

it works changing units into meters , thanks a lot sir , i have been facing this issue almost 7-8 months ,thanks a lot for solving the issue sir 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost