Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line thickness for GD&T symbols when exporting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
iain
633 Views, 3 Replies

Line thickness for GD&T symbols when exporting

I frequently export drawing details into WMF format for putting into other documents.

Any GD&T symbols appear in the thinnest possible linetype when exported, and are almost illegible when printed.

I have changed the line thicknesses for all layers on the drawing.

I have changed the default linethickness, which did at least make the symbols appear thicker on the screen. However, when I export to WMF or BMP files, the symbols are thin again. This problem does not affect dimensions or text notes.

I have tried changing the DIMSTYLE and the TEXTSTYLE in the properties, and none of it makes any difference.

This is driving me crazy. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: iain

Welcome to the Forums

I'm not too sure how the exporting to WMF works, BUT if you create those symbols with POLYLINES. You can set the thickness of the polyline and it will show up on your PDF as a thick line.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
pendean

If they don't look think on screen then making them raster images doesn't change that reality.

Also, raster image outputs, depending on image size, can also further reduce line weights: that's just the reality of pictures on those formats.

The above tip is an excellent fix: if you want to you plot style settings then actively create raster plotter drivers using PLOTTERMANAGER command's add-a-plotter wizard then plot to that instead of exporting.
Message 4 of 4
ScottHodges

I have never experienced this problem, and I have been exporting to the .wmf format for many years as it correctly exports the vector information that is in AutoCAD. I generally have the objects to be exported bylayer on a white coloured layer, usually layer 0 as per most blocks. White plots as a 0.25mm line in our plot setup (sorry for being metric there). My only problems exporting to .wmf has to do with the computer having a custom colour for the background sometimes introduces random lines or a solid background

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost