Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthening or stretching a line with an endpoint grip???

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
jmoarch
21638 Views, 47 Replies

Lengthening or stretching a line with an endpoint grip???

I recently purchased LT 2012. I was using LT 2008 until now. When I grab a line from the endpoint grip and try to lengthen it by typing in a value it either shortens the length by the value I type, changes the overall length to the value I type, or does what I want it to- actually makes the line longer by the value I type but doesn't do any of these consistently. It's driving me crazy!!! It didn't do this in any older version I've used and I can't find a setting to change it. Anyone out there who could help? Pleeeeease! I don't normally use dynamic input but I tried that as well to see if it would work but no luck there either...

Tags (2)
47 REPLIES 47
Message 21 of 48
jmoarch
in reply to: Charles_Shade

That doesn't work either. Thanks for trying to help though. I'm attempting to put a video together to demonstrate what happens. I'm surprised that nobody else has posted about this problem since it happens on both my machines.

Message 22 of 48
kpennell
in reply to: jmoarch

I'm experiencing the same thing, and posted the problem, and yes I agree, certianly not as productive as I have been my whole career using AutoCAD.

Message 23 of 48
jmoarch
in reply to: kpennell

Thanks for everyone's input. Unfortunately I see in a reply to another thread from and Autodesk employee that there is no real solution to this problem in LT 2012 at the moment and we can only hope for a service pack or hotfix in the future (or it will be fixed in the next version which would be pretty weak if they leave all 2012 purchasers left dealing with the problem). You can work around it by turning your perpendicular osnap off but that doesn't work for me as I use it all the time. I'll have to live with the time consuming hover option for now...

Message 24 of 48
kpennell

I'm using the full version.

Having Perp osnap on or off, makes no difference to me.

Message 25 of 48
jmoarch

Thanks for sharing.

Message 26 of 48
kpennell

I just noticed, that it behaves the I want it to for polylines, arcs and circles, and not lines.

Interesting

Message 27 of 48
jmoarch

So you have the same problem with lines in the full version you're saying?

Message 28 of 48
kpennell

Aye sir, I do.

But it's only happening to regular lines.  Polylines behave as I expect.

Hope this info helps with the fix

KP

Message 29 of 48
jmoarch

Yes me too- thanks. I'm glad to hear it's a problem in the full version as well. Maybe there's more of a chance of it getting fixed.Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 48
Charles_Shade
Message 31 of 48
jmoarch
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Good to know, thanks! Hope they do another SP to fix in 2012.

Message 32 of 48
roach01gt

I've been having the same problem too since moving to a new job w/ new 2012 AutoCAD.

I have found that setting up the Dynamic Input as descibed in this thread, in conjunction with Disallowing Dynamic UCS (F6) has solved the issue for me.

Hopefully that will solve everyone elses problem too.

Message 33 of 48
Santama
in reply to: roach01gt

I have recently been upgraded to 2012 and am having the same previously described issue. I have attempted the suggested fixes with no preferable success. I am able to get around the issue by using the lengthen command, turning the perpendicular snap off, and also by negating the lengthen value (does not seem to work when the length added is greater than or equal to the current length), however, these solutions have become annoyances in themselves with constant use. Is there a better solution available?

Message 34 of 48
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Santama

2013 Perhaps? Lengthen by Grip seems to work fine.

(Though I did not have issue before)

Message 35 of 48
kpennell

2013 behaves in the same manner.

I guess AutoDesk has mad ea stand on this.

Message 36 of 48
Santama

We have just been upgraded from 2008 to 2012 (not 2013).

Message 37 of 48
Charles_Shade

Cannot duplicate here which is why there must be a setting or combination of settings issue.

LT 2013 seems to work easier for me than the LT 2012 did.

Message 38 of 48
billpurdie

Set your DYNMODE to 0.

It is an individual setting on your machine.

Message 39 of 48
nveroarch
in reply to: billpurdie

Ha! Thank you! Eventually learned to deal with the problem but this fixed it. A whole 2 years later! Thanks for your help.Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 48
kpennell
in reply to: nveroarch

not a solution for me.

can't lengthen the line via moving an end point grip, and entering amount value from number pad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost