Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer properties manager has become a gray field.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
1710 Views, 6 Replies

Layer properties manager has become a gray field.

Layer properties manager has become a gray field. When I click on an area, one of the layer names will show up, but not the color freeze symbol etc. It is white letters on a blue background. The small layers ribbon is fine, but does not show all the layers. How do I get back to my regular LPM so that I can complete my project and turn layers off and on? Kathy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: 37491

LT version?
Windows version?

This just started today? or is this a new installation of LT? OR Windows? Or new PC?

Does CLASSICLAYER command do the same thing?

FYI, the Layer pulldown allows you to freeze/thaw/lock/unlock/color change settings if that's all you want to do.

Message 3 of 7

I'm running autocad LT. 2012 on windows, with a Mac. I checked and it is the same with autocad classic. The pull down ribbon seems fine. I also noticed that it is not lt gray, it is transparent and athe gray is the window behind it. I took a screen shot and attached it.

Kathy

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

Might be worth checking the Mac Forum as well in case something similar has been psoted over there.

Reads like a Registry Cleaner or other corruption of the LT program.

Repair Install perhaps? Backup Customizations first.

Mac Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Message 5 of 7
pendean

Which Windows version on the MAC? You should be able to see if a .NET update (or driver/other system update) happened in Windows between the time it all worked and now (I am assuming it worked fine recently?).

Did you try CLASSICLAYER command (the older pop-up version of the Layer manager)?

And it may be a dumb question, but work asking: have you restarted Windows since the problem first appeared? If not, worth a shot (I would recommend a shut down and restart).

Message 6 of 7
pmarx
in reply to: pendean

This is the topic I searched for before posting my question. having the same issue. Newly installed LT2018 on a new Dell PC running Windows 10. When either typing LA or clicking the Layer Properties Manager button on the Layers toolbar, the window appears grey. Typing CLASSICLAYER and the window appears with a white background as I'm used to seeing (and prefer). Anyway to change for the first two methods?

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: pmarx

Sounds like you LAYER palette is off screen, move it back https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Palett...

Yes, CLASSICLAYER is different in appearance and some functions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost